Author Topic: "Stratford" family. Cavan.Co.Cavan.Ireland.  (Read 13897 times)

Offline Carole147

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "STRATFORD" family. Cavan.Co.Cavan.Ireland.
« Reply #18 on: Friday 23 March 18 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for letting me know, Richard Ferguson b.1730 Co.Cavan d.1776 Aughadreenaugh, Co.Cavan and Sidney Welsh b.1730 Killyfargy, Monaghan d.1800 Co.Cavan, are my 5xMaternal Great Grandparents. The Fergusons originally came from Galloway & Ayrshire, Scotland. This is all the information I have abt Sidney & the Ferguson family 

Offline Welsh Seeker6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 18 March 19 03:43 GMT (UK) »
One of Sidney Welsh's brothers was Dr. Henry Welsh I, died May 7, 1794. I do not have a birth date. They are the chidren of John Welsh II baptised 1707 St. Catherine Church, Dublin, Ireland adn died 1766 Killyfargy, Co. Monaghan, Ireland and Anne Pilkington b. abt 1703-08 Tore, Westmeath, Ireland. You should be able to find more of each side of their trees on Ancestry. The Pilkington's were prominent in Lancashire, England as well as you will find them in Ireland . (Anne's father ws Abraham Pilkington, Esq. married to Elizabeth West. ) I am descended from Dr. Henry Welsh who's family eventually is in Lancashire, England. I hope this will give you more insight into this family.
Cheryl
Welsh, Van Sicklen, Ahlen, Bostwick, Tousley/Towsley, Geisler, Schwab

Offline Carole147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 27 March 19 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Cheryl for this information which is much appreciated.

Offline P Cantley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Carole,
With reference to a previous post in which you stated
'Thomasina Ferguson was born in  Malyheahy. Co.Cavan in 1826.  Thomasina's father was Thomas Ferguson, b.1795 Lisnalee. Monaghan.  Her mother was Mary Anne Knight b.1800-1830.
Thomasina had 4 sisters called Catherine Ferguson, Martha Anne Ferguson, Cherry Ann Ferguson and Mary Ann Ferguson.'
Is it possible or do you have any knowledge to indicate that Thomas Ferguson may have married again after his wife Mary Anne Knight died.  I have found an Anne Sloane Ferguson who I believe was married to a Thomas Ferguson & I thought it might be the same man.  I cant confirm a marriage but have seen a possible link in that Thomas Ferguson's death was registered by George F Crowe & Anne Sloane Ferguson was closely linked with a George F Crowe, her cousin (George Fraser Crowe I think!). Regards

Offline ianhunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 12:43 GMT (UK) »
I've been building out my tree on wikitree, which includes a good line of Cavan Stratfords. Having some issues sourcing all the info I've found or been handed from other researchers - especially Knight connections.

Here's a link to one of the people on the tree. Appreciate any collaboration with others on this site

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Stratford-403

Offline Carole147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 23 January 20 15:42 GMT (UK) »
No,am sorry I dont know if he remarried though my side of the Stratfords were connected to both the Sloane & Knight families

Offline Carole147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 23 January 20 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Havent been on for long time but my notes have parents of Thomas Stratford & Mary Irwin as William Stratford & Elizabeth, his father was Thomas,& Thomas father was William Stratford who was born Warwickshire,England & died 1701 Nuneaton

Offline ianhunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 23 January 20 21:16 GMT (UK) »
Havent been on for long time but my notes have parents of Thomas Stratford & Mary Irwin as William Stratford & Elizabeth, his father was Thomas,& Thomas father was William Stratford who was born Warwickshire,England & died 1701 Nuneaton

I have some similar evidence for most of this, apart from the last William. How did you find the oversea connection?

Offline Carole147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 30 January 20 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Given to me thr' family who'd researched Drumgore Stratfords