Author Topic: Missing Springer's in Sweden  (Read 2681 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Missing Springer's in Sweden
« on: Saturday 13 December 14 07:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello fellow Rootschatters,
I have a few missing ancestors in my Springer line. My 4x-great grandfather, Wolter Springer, had 4 children by his first wife, Hedvig Norelia: Hedvig b. & d. 1788, Jacob Christopher b. 24 Feb 1791, Christina Magdalina b. 11 Nov 1795, and Carl Wolter 4 May 1799, all in Härnösand, Västernorrland.
I haven't been able to find them in the household examination books for Härnösand. I can't find it now, but I remember seeing a note in the "leaving" records that the children were going to Stockholm to stay with relatives, after the death of their father in 1803. Haven't been able to find them in Stockholm to date.
Thanks in advance.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Springer's in Sweden
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 December 14 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi pinefamily

Nice to help out again...

Can you give me the name of his second wife. I have the family in the books from 1812-1820 but with a Regina Maria Springer as the head of the family. (after digging a little I found her. His second wife was Regina Maria Wallman).

When and where was Wolter born?

Do you have a reference page for them leaving for Stockholm.

Ian

ps. the link to the Stockholm archives is only valid for the years 1878-1926. ds

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 December 14 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Ian,
Thanks once again for your help.
Sorry I didn't mention the second wife, I didn't realize you'd probably need her details as well.
Wolter Springer was born 5 Nov 1742 in Stockholm, son of Christopher Springer and Christina Tottie. This is the Christopher you helped me with previously I think, looking for his burial. Wolter married Hedwig Norelia in 1788 in Stockholm; she died 20 May 1799 after giving birth to the four children listed above. Wolter then married Regina Maria Wallman 12 Dec 1799 in Harnosand (sorry can't work out how to do the Swedish lettering on my iPad). They had 2 sons, Wilhelm b. & d. 1800, and my ancestor Magnus Wilhelm b. 1803, just after Wolter's death.
I don't think I kept a record of the older Springer children going to Stockholm, and I don't currently have a subscription to Arkivdigital. Not sure if it was in the leaving records, or more likely in the household examination books.
I haven't yet traced Wolter's siblings to see what descendants they had, or where they were.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Darren

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 December 14 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Darren

I have found the family in the books in Härnösand 1812-1821:

Widow Maria Regina Springer b.1771
Son Magnus Wilhelm b.1803
Stepson Karl b.1803
Stepdaughter Christina Magdalena b.1794
her illegitimate daughter Ewelina b.1812

And beside their names Karl and Christina went to Stockholm.

Ian

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 December 14 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Is there any easy way to find them in Stockholm? I've had a look in the past at several parishes but couldn't see them.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 December 14 23:20 GMT (UK) »
I am interested in knowing where you got the birth info for Wolter?

Ian

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 14 December 14 10:36 GMT (UK) »
I found Wolter's details on some online trees (not ancestry), but of course needed to verify for myself. I did look it up on arkivdigital, but seem to recall there was a note from the minister rather than an actual baptism entry. I don't have it in front of me at the moment but will look it up and post it. It was definitely in Stockholm, but can't remember the parish (maybe Sancta Clara?).

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 14 December 14 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Didn't take me long to find my notes. I had someone translate it for me previously.
Storkyrkoforsamlingen C1a 1:9 (1739-1751) bild 97/sid 183a
(1742) In a Bible of Merchant Springer is a note: 1742 November 5 Wolter Springer was born at 11 o'clock PM November 7 he was baptised. Sponsors were auditor Hans Bruse, Madame Arwidsson, Lorenz Springer, and Madame Elisabeth Tottie, clerk Johan Amnelius, and maiden Greta Salberg. All of this is correctly declared August 18th 1766 certified by Sv Sandmark Adj. Past Prim.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 14 December 14 11:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. I had found it myself and read through it. The sponsors should read godparents. And I believe the date 1766 was the date in which the note was added to the birth book.

It came from the Parish of St Nicolai.

Ian