Author Topic: Brick Wall - James BELL & Eliza LAMONT  (Read 5208 times)

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Brick Wall - James BELL & Eliza LAMONT
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 11 November 15 07:09 GMT (UK) »
Eliza Lamont (clearly not your one but)
Gender Female
Birth Date 26 Apr 1869
Birthplace Tyrone, Ireland
Father's Name James Lamont
Mother's Name Margaret Norris

I am looking at this Coagh family of  Lamonts
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=734963.0

From what I have found James Lamont and Margaret Noris's children were being born in Coag (sometimes named as Londonderry, sometimes named as Tyrone) at the same time as your couple of James Bell and Eliza Lamont), the also had children in Tamlaght by Moneymore. James Lamont and Margaret Noris were married in Drumads in 1850. His father was Robert Lamont.

Interesting how your family shares so many names. I am thinking they are Scottish decent Presbytarians? Wonder if James Lamont (sometimes mistranscribed IGI as John) was a brother of Eliza Lamont??? We also don't know where James Lamont was born pre-1829?

Also not having much luck finding burials as some of the children immigrated and I suspect this couple were not Catholics
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Please do NOT ask for lookups by Personal Message.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.