Author Topic: The surname "Kemble Jones"  (Read 1099 times)

Offline lydiaann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The surname "Kemble Jones"
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 July 19 14:26 BST (UK) »
Have not so far applied for the marriage certificate (the info has only this year come to hand and life has tended to get in the way!).  I had not seen the 1931 electoral register - her dad, Frederick Kemble Jones, died in 1Q of 1931 - and thus I did not have the Litchurch connection; I shall be sure to follow this up.  I had found the 2 death records and they are sitting comfortably in my Shoebox until I have time to think about them further.  I had not thought about the Military option, to be fair - again it is something to ponder and I shall certainly try and do something about the Smith/Brown connection (again, why couldn't he hook up with a weird surname instead of what is probably No. 1 in the country!!).

Thanks so much, Ladyhawk, you have certainly helped out with clues.  It may be a while but I'll let you know what transpires!
Cravens of Wakefield, Alnwick, Banchory-Ternan
Houghtons and Harrises of Melbourne, Derbyshire
Taylors of Chadderton/Oldham, Lancashire
MacGillivrays of Mull
Macdonalds of Dundee

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.