Author Topic: Thomas Tottie  (Read 4421 times)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Tottie
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 December 14 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi pinefamily

I don't know how long your subscription is on ArkivDigital but we will have to try to find evidence of him coming from Scotland here in Sweden.

I have though found a child birth for Thomas and Tabitha: Storkyrkoförsamlingen CIa1:5 (1688-1704) Bild 29 / sid 46

Ian

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 December 14 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian,
Thank you so much. My subscription for Arkivdigital is for a month, so plenty of research while on holidays.  :)

I found a family tree drawn up for Anna Maria Totties's probate in 1800 (Stockholms radhusratt 1:a avdelning F1A:341 [1800-1800] Bild 770/ sid 69).  She was a daughter of Thomas by his second wife, Christina Schonmann. It mentions Tabitha Person as his first wife, so I am assuming he married her in Sweden.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Carrington, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Bentham, Holloway, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Yorks, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 21 December 14 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have tried to find Thomas' first marriage without luck.

Here are some findings:

There are 2 indexes for the wills/inventories. These are for the Totties. You may already have these, but anyway:
Stockholms rådhusrätt 1:a avdelning D1A:32 (1776-1800) Bild 1740 / sid 4501
Stockholms rådhusrätt 1:a avdelning D1A:15 (1701-1750) Bild 1500 / sid 5701

A child christened 11 May:
Storkyrkoförsamlingen CIa1:5 (1688-1704) Bild 41 / sid 70

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 21 December 14 12:20 GMT (UK) »

I found a family tree drawn up for Anna Maria Totties's probate in 1800 (Stockholms radhusratt 1:a avdelning F1A:341 [1800-1800] Bild 770/ sid 69). 

Wow. A wonderful tree. Fascinating.
I think the reason behind this tree was that there must have been a lot of money to share out to the heirs.

Ian

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 22 December 14 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the references. A lot of reading for me!
Yes, that tree was drawn up to account for all of her heirs I think, although it is not complete. Carl Tottie, later the Swedish/Norwegian consul-general to Britain, was born in 1781 to Anders Tottie, yet is missing.
Thanks for all of your help on this and other threads. Have a safe and happy Xmas and New Year.
Darren
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Carrington, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Bentham, Holloway, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Yorks, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 22 December 14 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Cheers.
And the same to you.

Ian

Offline wiltot1953

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 07 October 18 20:21 BST (UK) »
Thomas Tottie, born in Jedburgh was called in to Stockholm to marry a widow. Tabitha Pearson. Previously married to Jakob Gavin. Jakob and Tabitha probably married in St Catherine by the Towern in London 1675.
We also found a probably birth certificate in Jedburgh for Thomas. Pls note that these records are transcribed manually and there is a lot of errors.
Best regards
Wilhelm Tottie