Author Topic: Thomas Tottie  (Read 5650 times)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Tottie
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 December 14 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi pinefamily

I don't know how long your subscription is on ArkivDigital but we will have to try to find evidence of him coming from Scotland here in Sweden.

I have though found a child birth for Thomas and Tabitha: Storkyrkoförsamlingen CIa1:5 (1688-1704) Bild 29 / sid 46

Ian

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 December 14 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian,
Thank you so much. My subscription for Arkivdigital is for a month, so plenty of research while on holidays.  :)

I found a family tree drawn up for Anna Maria Totties's probate in 1800 (Stockholms radhusratt 1:a avdelning F1A:341 [1800-1800] Bild 770/ sid 69).  She was a daughter of Thomas by his second wife, Christina Schonmann. It mentions Tabitha Person as his first wife, so I am assuming he married her in Sweden.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 21 December 14 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have tried to find Thomas' first marriage without luck.

Here are some findings:

There are 2 indexes for the wills/inventories. These are for the Totties. You may already have these, but anyway:
Stockholms rådhusrätt 1:a avdelning D1A:32 (1776-1800) Bild 1740 / sid 4501
Stockholms rådhusrätt 1:a avdelning D1A:15 (1701-1750) Bild 1500 / sid 5701

A child christened 11 May:
Storkyrkoförsamlingen CIa1:5 (1688-1704) Bild 41 / sid 70

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 21 December 14 12:20 GMT (UK) »

I found a family tree drawn up for Anna Maria Totties's probate in 1800 (Stockholms radhusratt 1:a avdelning F1A:341 [1800-1800] Bild 770/ sid 69). 

Wow. A wonderful tree. Fascinating.
I think the reason behind this tree was that there must have been a lot of money to share out to the heirs.

Ian

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 22 December 14 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the references. A lot of reading for me!
Yes, that tree was drawn up to account for all of her heirs I think, although it is not complete. Carl Tottie, later the Swedish/Norwegian consul-general to Britain, was born in 1781 to Anders Tottie, yet is missing.
Thanks for all of your help on this and other threads. Have a safe and happy Xmas and New Year.
Darren
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 22 December 14 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Cheers.
And the same to you.

Ian

Offline wiltot1953

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 07 October 18 20:21 BST (UK) »
Thomas Tottie, born in Jedburgh was called in to Stockholm to marry a widow. Tabitha Pearson. Previously married to Jakob Gavin. Jakob and Tabitha probably married in St Catherine by the Towern in London 1675.
We also found a probably birth certificate in Jedburgh for Thomas. Pls note that these records are transcribed manually and there is a lot of errors.
Best regards
Wilhelm Tottie