Author Topic: Somerset Quarter Sessions 1933/4  (Read 1779 times)

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
Somerset Quarter Sessions 1933/4
« on: Sunday 28 December 14 12:36 GMT (UK) »
My late uncle Thomas Mason aged 16 of Shepton Mallet appeared at Wells Police Court on a charge of housebreaking  on 28/7/1933, he was remanded to the quarter sessions of which I can find no trial report. Can anyone help? I know that as a result he ended up in Portland Borstal but have no idea how long his sentence was.  Subsequently he joined the RAF and was injured and then reported missing in 1940 possibly on Lancastria. His personal effects were returned by the American Red Cross
Mason ( Leics, Lincs, Cambs, Rutland)  Packer( Berks, Middx) Bearne, Vining , Sugar Shugar (Somerset, Pennsylvania & S Wales)

Online djm297

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Somerset Quarter Sessions 1933/4
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 January 15 16:19 GMT (UK) »
HI!
I have found some newspaper articles relating to a Thomas Mason of the right age in Shepton Mallet in November 1932, as he was in court then for car theft.These are on Findmypast-Western Daily Press & Wells Journal.

Let me know if you want further details!
 Best wishes!
DJM

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
Re: Somerset Quarter Sessions 1933/4
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 January 15 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks DJM but I have those & the magistrates court reports for the house breaking , he is then referred to  the  Quarter sessions for sentence which is the report I'm after
Mason ( Leics, Lincs, Cambs, Rutland)  Packer( Berks, Middx) Bearne, Vining , Sugar Shugar (Somerset, Pennsylvania & S Wales)