Author Topic: Peter Cross of Woodbridge  (Read 4658 times)

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Peter Cross of Woodbridge
« on: Monday 19 July 04 01:35 BST (UK) »
I have proof that Peter Cross of Woodbridge is directly related to my Cross family, but I haven't been able to figure how.

Peter Cross married Mary Wilkenson on 11 Feb 1738, place unknown, but I assume Woodbridge. they had at least two children, Peter, Jr., and Edmund. Peter and Edmund were baptised in the Parish of St. Mary's, Woodbridge. there may have been more than two, as Peter was baptised in 1739, and Edmund was baptised in 1742. we don't know what happened to Edmund, but Peter Jr. moved to Colchester where he married Elizabeth Burnham. they had a family of 8 children.
we are trying to find out who Peter Sr.'s parents and  grandparents were. he is not in the IGI except for a marriage which I think was submitted by a friend of mine. the listing in the Ancestral File for him is mine, with a "dead" address. I've moved since submitting my files to Ancestral File.
although Peter and Mary's children were baptised at St. Mary's, I believe the family was dissedent while in St. Mary's and non-conformist before that. Peter Jr. was non conformist when he was in Colchester. can someone help me find Peter Sr.'s parents and grandparents? I'm certain I have his great grandparents, but they don't continue in the Quaker records. I assume they either went to another non-conformist faith or ducked religion entirely-though that's a tough trick to pull off in those days...
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt