Author Topic: Lledrod  (Read 12636 times)

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lledrod
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 03 January 19 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roy.
 I took my own advice and read through most of my posts regarding, "David Richards of Strygosfawr, Lledrod" to see if there was anything that I could add to this current topic.

In 1810, David Richards died bequeathing his property to his wife, with further bequests to his sister's 3 children and his step-daughter, Sarah. Sarah was a mystery to me but after reading the 1830 will of David's wife, Elizabeth, there is a bequest to Sarah, the wife of Evan Evans.
 Elizabeth must have been married before her marriage to David Richards as she also bequeaths sums of money to her children ...  Morgan Owens, Thomas Owens, Mary Morgan, Enoch Morgan and Elizabeth Evans.
 David's will of 1810 was entrusted to Harry Morgans of Llechwedd and Jenkin Evans of Pwllpridd. It was witnessed by Morgan Morgan.
 Elizabeth's will of 1830 shows one of the witnesses as David Morgan of Fosgoy.

So we have the Morgan, Evans and Richards families all concerned in these two wills. The Jenkin Evans of Pwllpridd, next door to Spite farm is of extra interest. The Harry Morgan of Llechwedd is of interest too because, later, there is a Richards family shown living there.
 This post is an illustration of just how difficult it is to trace exactly who's who but it may ring a bell somewhere along the line.
                                    Regards, Peter

Added: David and Elizabeth Richards lived at 'Tynllan', the house next-door to Lledrod church. Spite is actually their next-door-neighbour, a hundred yards down the road.
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 03 January 19 20:48 GMT (UK) »
In case it is  of any use,I have the Lledrod MIs booklet,indexed by person and address.

Regards
Roger

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 04 January 19 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter and Roger
Thank you both for your time and effort.  I carried out this research for a family friend who has since moved.  Many months back I handed over a really thick file of my findings, the family tree along with a folder full of notes.   Unfortunately, we have lost touch, however, when I see other family members I will pass on your messages.

Thanks again
Regards, Roy   
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk