Author Topic: GUEST, Charles  (Read 6245 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: GUEST, Charles
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 10 January 15 10:55 GMT (UK) »
2417/1873 GUEST Charles
ELDRIDGE Rebecca
At GOULBURN

Thank you. I have obtained a transcript of the marriage certificate of Charles Guest and Rebecca Eldridge(Meadley) in 1873 but unfortunately no parents names or birth details are stated for him! However, I am confident that the John Guest referred to is a brother to my great grandfather William George Guest. The search continues.....!

The elusive blanks on that mc are only minor hurdles.   The info is findable.   Here's a thread I have recently updated re those blanks on NSW BDM holdings for most of the rural marriages 1856-1895

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,546609.0.html

Cheers,   JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 10 January 15 11:00 GMT (UK) »
NSW Electoral Roll 1878 GOULBURN
Charles GUEST, Clifford Street, household.
NO others with that surname on that roll, and many of the 1075 entries have more than one Christian name.    :)

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline fmlindsay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 10 January 15 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for all of this information. Much appreciated.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 10 January 15 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Well,
I think we have found a little bit of information on most of your GUEST family members.

Do we assume Ann WILLIAMS  (nee GUEST) was Mary Ann?

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fmlindsay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 10 January 15 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Based on what you have found - most likely. Thank you for your help. This has given me lots to work with!

Offline DixonKR

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 07 September 18 14:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you for those replies. My great grandfather, William George Guest married Emily Frances Mallan in 1886 in Richmond, Victoria. They had 8 children, Una Grace b1887 in Richmond, Emilie Eileen 1888-1947 (my grandmother) m Frederick Page, Alma Florence 1890-1964 m Albert Buckley, Ruby Estella 1893-1968 m Arthur Fleming, Gladys Olive 1896-1993 m Thomas Armstrong, Rita Lillian b1898, William George Howard 1900-1976 m Sarah Healy, Clarence Vernon, b1906 m Nita Ann Key. All the children were born in Richmond, Collingwood and North Fitzroy. According to the electoral rolls they lived in North Fitzroy and William George Guest was a confectioner and then a fireman.
I am interested in finding where William's siblings went in Australia - there are a couple by the name of  Charles Powell Guest and I'm not sure whether either is a brother.

Emilie Eileen (1888 - 1947) was my great grandmother. I have only just commenced looking at the family tree and have just come across your query above.