Author Topic: MI & PR Lookup in KILLERBY area (Ingleton?) - WILKINSON, Allan b & d 1940  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Yukon Brat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Time is the best gift!
    • View Profile
WANTED: Monumental Inscription and Parish Register info (baptism & burial)

I understand Allan was born January 8, 1940 and died January 22 - aged only 14 days.  His parents were James Henry Wilkinson and Amy Mary (Lofthouse) Wilkinson
Taylor, Metcalfe, Garvey, Hammond, Hopper, Lodge, Lofthouse, Britton, Sage, Kitching (ALL in Yorkshire - North Riding)

Offline mtoto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MI & PR Lookup in KILLERBY area (Ingleton?) - WILKINSON, Allan b & d 1940
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 14:28 BST (UK) »
at durham r.o. found parish rec.for st.john the evangalist church.allan born 8th jan. p/b bap. 15th jan.father james henry moth.ann mary. fath. farm labourer.killerby.allan buried 24th jan. abode 2 hall cottages killerby.age 14 days. the pb may mean the child was ill and so had a private bap.I  cant find a mem.ins.

Offline Yukon Brat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Time is the best gift!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 August 15 05:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to look this up.

I think the child was very ill indeed because his death certificate indicates some kind of congenital spinal deformity, malnutrition & hemiplegia, so a private baptism doesn't seem at all unlikely.

And i am correct in surmising that 'St John the Evangelist' is a C of E church in the parish of ingleton?
Taylor, Metcalfe, Garvey, Hammond, Hopper, Lodge, Lofthouse, Britton, Sage, Kitching (ALL in Yorkshire - North Riding)

Offline mtoto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 August 15 09:38 BST (UK) »
yes,  st.johns is the parish church for that area.