Author Topic: MI & PR Lookup in KILLERBY area (Ingleton?) - WILKINSON, Allan b & d 1940  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Yukon Brat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Time is the best gift!
    • View Profile
WANTED: Monumental Inscription and Parish Register info (baptism & burial)

I understand Allan was born January 8, 1940 and died January 22 - aged only 14 days.  His parents were James Henry Wilkinson and Amy Mary (Lofthouse) Wilkinson
Taylor, Metcalfe, Garvey, Hammond, Hopper, Lodge, Lofthouse, Britton, Sage, Kitching (ALL in Yorkshire - North Riding)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mtoto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MI & PR Lookup in KILLERBY area (Ingleton?) - WILKINSON, Allan b & d 1940
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 14:28 BST (UK) »
at durham r.o. found parish rec.for st.john the evangalist church.allan born 8th jan. p/b bap. 15th jan.father james henry moth.ann mary. fath. farm labourer.killerby.allan buried 24th jan. abode 2 hall cottages killerby.age 14 days. the pb may mean the child was ill and so had a private bap.I  cant find a mem.ins.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Yukon Brat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Time is the best gift!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 August 15 05:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to look this up.

I think the child was very ill indeed because his death certificate indicates some kind of congenital spinal deformity, malnutrition & hemiplegia, so a private baptism doesn't seem at all unlikely.

And i am correct in surmising that 'St John the Evangelist' is a C of E church in the parish of ingleton?
Taylor, Metcalfe, Garvey, Hammond, Hopper, Lodge, Lofthouse, Britton, Sage, Kitching (ALL in Yorkshire - North Riding)

Offline mtoto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 August 15 09:38 BST (UK) »
yes,  st.johns is the parish church for that area.