Author Topic: Annie Taylor & Joseph Denning  (Read 895 times)

Offline woolamai

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie Taylor & Joseph Denning
« on: Friday 09 January 15 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Annie Taylor was born in 1836 in Bristol. On the passenger lists for emigration to Australia she is listed as nationality "English & Welsh". She married Joseph Denning in 1861 in Almondsbury, St Mary, Gloucestershire. Her fathers name was Job Taylor/ or Robert Taylor.
She emigrated to Australia with Joseph in 1863. On her obituary in 1923 it said she was a native of the Bristol area. I'm struggling to find out any more about Annie. I'd love a birthdate, and any details of her family. Should I be looking in Somerset (the Dennings were based there) or Gloucestershire? Can't seem to find any info in either. I'm also interested in the "English and Welsh" listing on her emigration records. Any help, advice or info appreciated
Urquhart, Penman, Duncan, Snell, Benallack, Denning, Amor, Bishop, Jones, Thomas, Hordley, Hall, Titley, Ellis

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Taylor & Joseph Denning
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 January 15 22:00 GMT (UK) »
A family tree with her on has her parents as Robert & Lucy both born 1818 Gloucester.

Same tree has parents for Joseph Denning as Ebenezer 1800-1885 & Elizabeth Loxton 1800-1873.  Both born Somerset.

No obvious Welsh connection.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Taylor & Joseph Denning
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 January 15 22:21 GMT (UK) »