Author Topic: 1861 - WARREN help finding Frances b 1844, Devon  (Read 1112 times)

Offline cocksie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1861 - WARREN help finding Frances b 1844, Devon
« on: Tuesday 13 January 15 04:48 GMT (UK) »
Request for help please.
I can't find Frances (female) Warren in 1861 census anywhere (Devon or otherwise).
I have found her with members of her family in all other census from 1851-1911.  I have found and followed all her siblings in England and Australia
Frances Warren never married.
Occupation listed on other found censuses:  dressmaker
Frances Warren was baptised September 1844 Exeter. Parents:  William (b abt 1806 Thorverton, Devon) & Mary (nee Bowden b abt 1800 Cullompton, Devon).
She is with her parents & siblings in 1851, Exeter, St Mary Major, James Street
Her mother, Mary is dead by 1871 census and she is living with her father, William in 1871, Exeter, St Mary Major, James Street
She is still in Exeter, St Mary Major in 1881, 1891 and in Exeter 1901 & 1911.  Occupation:  dressmaker or retired dressmaker.

I suspect she would be living with her father in 1861 but I can't find him either in this census:  William (occupation builder or carpenter).  Her mother, Mary, may or may not be alive in 1861. EDIT TO ADD - have just found Mary's death in Feb 1870 (James Street) so she should be on 1861 census with William and Frances ...... somewhere

Any help would be much appreciated.
cocksie

Hallidays of Northowram, Roberts of Hovingham, Stampers of Kirkdale, Cocks of Mary Tavy Devon, Cocks of Redruth Cornwall, Manser of Sussex, Axel of East Sussex, Palmer of East Sussex, Hermitage of Sussex, Smale of Kent, Haddon of Devon, Cuthill of Kinross-shire, Lynn of Ireland, Seymour of Cork