Author Topic: Advice needed on image please?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline worth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Advice needed on image please?
« on: Wednesday 14 January 15 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
I have been working on a familytree for sometime and after a lot of digging I finally found a birth of one of their children but I cant find the rest. On the attached image there is the birth of William Heatlie (or Hallie) born 28 December 1803 to John Heatlie (Hallie) and Betty Knox, fantastic I thought, but underneath it says 'the rest of his former children are regulary inserted on page 67', even better BUT HOW DO I GET TO PAGE 67!!! I have tried different wildcard searches for their names on SP but it comes up with nothing. Also i haven't found a marriage for John Heatlie and Elizabeth/Betty Knox so not sure if they were married at all. If anyone has any advise on what to do, it would be appreciated.
Dawn

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Looking to the past - or the future?
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed on image please?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 January 15 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Can't answer your query as to how to get to p 67!! But William's baptism is on familysearch.org
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XT18-9L6

& if you search surname with no forename, father's name John & time span 1780 - 1804, in Scotland, there are several more Alexander 1796, Margaret 1794, Jean 1799
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ej0/

ADDED: They are all on film C11795-2.

Might the term 'former children' indicate they had all died before William's baptism?
Seeking: baptism Philip Murray 1813 nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Nova Scotia [Halifax, Pictou]: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline worth

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed on image please?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 January 15 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Josey
Thanks for that, yes they are the correct ones on familysearch and I have just found them on SP. Sometimes it just takes another pair of eyes. Also the image I have found has the number 67 faintly written in the corner. Thanks again.
Dawn  ;D