Author Topic: Nash family of Bedminster, Bristol, 1921-1922  (Read 2152 times)

Offline S.Sullivan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nash family of Bedminster, Bristol, 1921-1922
« on: Wednesday 14 January 15 18:59 GMT (UK) »
All the information that I have is a Mrs. Nash, was living at 240 St. John's Lane, Bedminster, Bristol in 1921 or 1922.

Is there any way I can find out who else is living with her, as the 1921 census are not out yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sharon

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nash family of Bedminster, Bristol, 1921-1922
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 January 15 20:46 GMT (UK) »
You could look at Electoral Rolls - but I think they are only at Bristol Record Office?

Because you haven't updated your profile to give us a clue where you live, I don't know if it's feasible for you to do that? ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline S.Sullivan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 January 15 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for getting back to me

I am in Canada

It wouldn't be possible for me to check them at the Bristol Office, unless they are online.

Sharon

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 January 15 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Delving around on the internet, it would appear that the electoral registers for Bristol are not online.

Bristol Central Reference Library would seem to be the place to go:
http://www.bristol.gov.uk/page/leisure-and-culture/central-library-reference-services
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline S.Sullivan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 January 15 15:44 GMT (UK) »
I sent the library an email this morning, asking them to check for me.  Will wait & see what they say.

Thanks  Sharon

Offline markrnashatoutlook.com

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 January 22 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if they are related, but my paternal grandfather, William Joseph Nash, lived at 64 St Johns Crescent, Bedminster, Bristol, along with my grandmother, Rosa Jane Nash (nee morrell).  I have only just started building the family tree.  I tried to attach her death certificate, but cant seem to do it, nor insert an image of it, for my grandmother.  I am hoping they are related to your search, so I can expand and add to my search.

Name: Rosa Jane Nash (nee Morrell) (Dod: 17th March 1965 whilst at the above address)
Spouse: William Joseph Nash (he had died before this, but I dont yet have any details)

I also have their son's Birth certificate, my father, Bernard Charles Nash, Born 15/6/1918, whilst at 58 William Street, Totterdown, Bristol

Let me know!

Thanks

Mark

Offline S.Sullivan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 January 22 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Mark
I am not related to the Nash family, but was looking for a friend.
Do  you belong  to ancestry, as there is a lot of info. there, plus family trees , You might want to check them out.  pictures too.

Name:   Bernard C Nash  b. June 15,1918 Bristol Mothers maiden name Morrell  died 1973
Bernard's  marriage Nora D Waite  1941 born  1922 Mothers maiden name  Morgan, Nora died Aug. 4, 2008
from one of the family trees it says  William Joseph Nash born March 27,1877 Ireland died May 26,1949 Bristol,  Rosa Morrell  born July 18,1890 Wales, died March 7, 1965  Bristol

Hope this helps
Sharon