Author Topic: Completed with Thanks - DevonHeritage.org - Mail to Editor@  (Read 6975 times)

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Completed with Thanks - DevonHeritage.org - Mail to Editor@
« on: Monday 19 January 15 09:20 GMT (UK) »
I hope the Editor or the Webmaster of Devonheritage.org is a visitor to Rootschat as this post is for them.

Apologies in advance if this post upsets any other viewers.

Are you aware your mail box is "Over Quota" and is Bouncing all email addressed to editor@

It was over quota last Monday 12/01 and remains so this morning.

Regards, JohnG_Swansea
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline cemetery friends

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: DevonHeritage.org - Mail to Editor@
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 January 15 19:48 GMT (UK) »
This situation has happened on previous occasions. If you visit http://www.devonheritage.org/Places/Dunsford/DunsfordWarMem1939andBosnia1999.htm and gain the name of the copyright holder then check the BT Residential Phone Book online [using Devon as location] there are similar initials although no guarantee it is the same person.
Avery [Wembury]
Skilton [Hooe, Turnchapel, Plymstock and Coxside Plymouth]
Williams [Plymstock/Oreston]
Maritime subjects inc Titanic, HMS Hardy, HMS Thetis [submarine]
UK cemetery conservation
Cholera
Victorian social history

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 January 15 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Hiya John in Swansea.

If you to the site "who.is" and then type in the domain name, devonheritage.org you will get the address details of the registrant of that domain name. You can then send them a little note in the post.

You may need to search using the post code given there to get the full address.

All the best,

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: *COMPLETED* DevonHeritage.org - Mail to Editor@
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both,

"Why didn't I think of that" springs to mind.

Thank you.

JohnG
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 13:08 GMT (UK) »
John,

You're most welcome :)

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: *COMPLETED* DevonHeritage.org - Mail to Editor@
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 15:38 GMT (UK) »
I hope the Editor or the Webmaster of Devonheritage.org is a visitor to Rootschat as this post is for them.

Apologies in advance if this post upsets any other viewers.

Are you aware your mail box is "Over Quota" and is Bouncing all email addressed to editor@

It was over quota last Monday 12/01 and remains so this morning.

Regards, JohnG_Swansea

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: * COMPLETED* DevonHeritage.org - Mail to Editor@
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Moderator

Help!  Please dig me out of the hole I have dug for myself!

I attempted to add the string *COMPLETED* to the subject field of the first message, all that seems to have happened is that my first message has now been added as a new latest message.  This isn't quite what I intended.

Afterburner now working:
I found the "Modify" button on the message I posted at 00:08 this morning, but couldn't see a similar button on my original 'First Message" of 09:20 yesterday morning.
JohnG_Swansea.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 16:26 GMT (UK) »
You can only modify messages for 24 hours after they were written.

To "complete" a thread, us the "Report to Moderator" button.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)