Author Topic: Jane Edmund  (Read 6619 times)

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Edmund
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 17:01 GMT (UK) »
It is there on FindMyPast and Familysearch but missing on Ancestry, even with the reference details.

David

Offline trot30

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 February 15 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your interest and help.... very much  appreciated!!

From looking on Ancestry I have come across Jane with many variations of names Anne Jane, Jane Jones, Jane Edmund, Jane Ann.  So I am a bit confused as to what is correct...

I had the names from my partners grandmother who died a few years ago at the age of 96 (with full memory of her family) Martha as I have listed in the original post was her mother

There is also, I believe more siblings.

But first I need to sort out which one is their mother, Would it make sense for the Jane Jones and Cadwaladr to be the parents and that Jane was Edmunds? (this is also a name I had from her) as suggested?

Also - where can I find this?
In 1856, there is a will of John Edmund of Gwndwn who names the grandchildren, sons and daughter of Cadwalader Jones and Jane of Wern Bach.

In 1851, born Llanycil, he is at Gwndwn with a wife, Catherine, born Trawsfynydd, at Gwndwn. Presumably, these are Jane's parents.

Thank you in advance for any info you may shine...
Llanfor, Llandderfel, Llanycil, Llangywer, Llanuwchllyn, Cefnddwysarn.

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 February 15 09:23 GMT (UK) »
For the will, go to - http://cat.llgc.org.uk/cgi-bin/gw/chameleon?skin=profeb&lng=en

In the first box choose 'Name' and enter John Edmund

In the second box choose 'Township' and enter Gwndwn

In this case, there is no need to enter a date but it might be useful if searching for other wills. If you add dates, click on save before entering the search criteria.

You can also enter the county in Township or Parish, if you are not sure of the location, but leave off 'shire' - i.e. enter Merioneth.

David

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 April 15 18:10 BST (UK) »
JOhn Edmund of Gwndwn b1786 d 1855 m Catherine Lewis in 1813 Trawsfynydd, he being the son of Edmund Jones b1751 of Ysgwrn Trawsfynydd, a son of Edmund Jones b1703 of Ysgwrn, who was a son of John Richard of Ysgwrn ( not John Jones as noted in T Ceiri's book)