Author Topic: Findmypast (FindMyPast) offer; 1 month, 1 pound  (Read 5484 times)

Offline bugbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Findmypast (FindMyPast) offer; 1 month, 1 pound
« on: Friday 23 January 15 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Quote from: email
There has never been a better time to subscribe to Findmypast. Our 1 month World subscription gives you unlimited access to all of our historical records from around the world, including the new records added during the time you are subscribed.

Your discount will be applied automatically when you click the button above, but should you have any trouble simply type the code JAN2015 into the promotional code box at the bottom of the payment page and click 'apply'.

Don't miss out - this offer expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday 27th January.

BugBear
BICE Middlesex
WOMACK Norfolk/Suffolk

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Re: Findmypast (FindMyPast) offer; 1 month, 1 pound
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 January 15 09:21 GMT (UK) »
I think they must be losing subscribers, they seem to have these offers all the time now - to me always a sign of desperation.

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 January 15 10:00 GMT (UK) »
I think they must be losing subscribers, they seem to have these offers all the time now - to me always a sign of desperation.

Agreed, probably something to do with their awful (compared to an alternative pay to view website) search facility. Also, has anyone ever managed to link to FindMyPast from Family Search? All I've ever get is a "we're working on it please check back later" type of message.

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 January 15 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Also, has anyone ever managed to link to FindMyPast from Family Search? All I've ever get is a "we're working on it please check back later" type of message.

I am able to link between the two but, even though I'm always logged in to FindMyPast, I always have to log on to FindMyPast again before being able to see the image.

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 January 15 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Can we have a link please bugbear  :)

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline bugbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 January 15 22:34 GMT (UK) »
Can we have a link please bugbear  :)

The link in my email was personalised, so I won't be posting it.

I imagine the discount code should work on the normal subscribe page, but (obviously) can't
comfirm this.

BugBear
BICE Middlesex
WOMACK Norfolk/Suffolk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 23 January 15 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Jane

If you go to findmypast.co.uk, click on the "PayAsYouGo or Subscribe" link at the top of the page.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a box under "Discount Code:" (its under the prices for PayAsYouGo credits), enter the JAN2015 code the OP posted in the first posting.

Click Apply

It should then say at the top of the page, "Discount code successfully applied".

Under that message, click World as it usually defaults to Britain.

It should then show the price for one month has changed to £1.

Click Select, and then you should be able to login (if you have an account already) or register and then pay.

NOTE - Make sure if you don't want it to renew at the end of the month, you go to "Personal Details" under your Account, scroll to the bottom and remove the tick from Auto-Renew my Subscription AND THEN click Update.  If you don't click update, it doesn't save and you will automatically renew.  When you click Update, you will get an email confirming you are no longer set to auto-renew.

Hope this helps. ;D ;D
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline hsfam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 24 January 15 04:27 GMT (UK) »

Thanks, BugBear. Just renewed. I wait for these offers!  ;)

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 24 January 15 04:38 GMT (UK) »

Agreed, probably something to do with their awful (compared to an alternative pay to view website) search facility..

Agreed. I had a short-term membership just before they changed over to their "new, improved" search engine and when I went back for another go later, I couldn't find stuff I had already downloaded from the site.

Cheers,
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull