Author Topic: search for birth Dorthy Caldecott  (Read 12741 times)

Offline Siralli

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
search for birth Dorthy Caldecott
« on: Thursday 29 January 15 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Ref: Henney Brammer b 1923 married Dorthy Caldecott (listed as 21 on cert) - in 1948 Manchester

Hi all,
I have found the birth for Henney - but not for Dorothy, can anyone help please.

Advice as to why this doesn't appear to be listed, or other avenues to explore - would be most helpful.

Thanking you in anticipation

Siralli

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: search for birth
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 January 15 20:59 GMT (UK) »
A possible

Name: Betty D Caldecott

Mother's Maiden Surname: Mills
Date of Registration:Jul-Aug-Sep 1929
Registration district: Birmingham N
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Volume Number: 6d
Page Number: 855

Does the marriage certificate give the brides father's name as then you could check to see if he married a Mills

If her father's name is Harry you may be in luck

Marriages Jun 1926 

Caldecott  Harry A  Mills  Birmingham N.  6d 762 
Mills  Doris E  Caldecott  Birmingham N.  6d 762   
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Siralli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 January 15 21:07 GMT (UK) »
A possible

Name: Betty D Caldecott

Mother's Maiden Surname: Mills
Date of Registration:Jul-Aug-Sep 1929
Registration district: Birmingham N
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Volume Number: 6d
Page Number: 855

Does the marriage certificate give the brides father's name as then you could check to see if he married a Mills

If her father's name is Harry you may be in luck

Marriages Jun 1926 

Caldecott  Harry A  Mills  Birmingham N.  6d 762 
Mills  Doris E  Caldecott  Birmingham N.  6d 762

Hi davidft,
Thanks for your prompt response - I will have a ganda at this. * Sorry - I didn't scroll down far enough at first to read it all....It doesn't look as though this one is near the mark, but I will still check this through.

Dorothys father is listed as: John Wiliam Caldecott - And a carter as profession

Thanks for your time - much appreciated

Siralli

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 January 15 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Well it appears that John William marries Florence in 1906 in Ashton, Lancashire

Marriages Mar 1906 

CALDECOTT  John William     Ashton  8d 549   (a carter at the co-op in 1911)

HARPER  Florence Amelia     Ashton  8d 549   

and Harry A Caldecott does not appear to be one of their children.

Could Dorothy be Scottish or Irish ?

or could be a different John William Caldecott

or Dorothy could be adopted

Do you know the names of any of Dorothy's siblings ?
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Siralli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 January 15 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Well that John William marries Florence in 1906 in Ashton, Lancashire

Marriages Mar 1906 

CALDECOTT  John William     Ashton  8d 549   

HARPER  Florence Amelia     Ashton  8d 549   

and Harry A Caldecott does not appear to be one of their children.

Could Dorothy be Scottish or Irish ?

Sorry davidft - I have only just got back into FTR after a lengthy break - I can't even find the button to reply to you without using your quote.
Many thanks for digging that one out - but the simple answer is we don't know at this stage, but suspect not.
I unfortunately cannot go into detail here, because of the rather unusual circumstances regarding my search - suffice to say that I am working with a relation with a rather sensitive aspect to things - sorry.
Things are becoming slowly clearer for us, having found the birth of Henney - the unusual first named helped, along with 5 siblings to henney, but it is the other half that we really need to confirm in order for us to reach the census returns to give us wider scope for building from and then working back to present.
We shall keep exploring all avenues, and with help from people like your good self, we shall surely make progress - eventually.

Thanks again

Siralli

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 January 15 21:39 GMT (UK) »
OK one last thought.

If Dorothy has died try looking for her death registration as depending when she died it may include her birth date (to see if she really was 21 when married) and after a certain date death certificates also include place of birth

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 January 15 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi, there is a Dorothy Brammer born 14th August 1927 died July 1/4 2001 registration District Surrey Northern in Surrey, age at death 73.
Does this help?

Regards
Frank.

Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline Siralli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 January 15 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi, there is a Dorothy Brammer born 14th August 1927 died July 1/4 2001 registration District Surrey Northern in Surrey, age at death 73.
Does this help?

Regards
Frank.
Hi jess5athome,
Thanks for the this - another starter for 10 - and looks a good one too....I shall follow this up!

As a matter of interest - where did you pick this up from?  I have been using FindMyPast and various others - without a squeek at being close.  lol

If you don't want to say - I will understand

Thanks very much - and to you david...stars the pair of you!

Best wishes

Siralli

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 29 January 15 22:02 GMT (UK) »
If Dorothy has died try looking for her death registration as depending when she died it may include her birth date (to see if she really was 21 when married) and after a certain date death certificates also include place of birth
But remember any information on a death certificate is given by the informant - if this person was told her age by Dorothy it will still be incorrect.

I guess Dorothy's father John William would have been born 1890 - 1907? She may have been illegitimate & made up the father's name. She may have been adopted & assumed adoptive father's name although registered under another. Sorry to suggest all negative things but they are all possible!!

ADDED: Good find Frank!

Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON