Author Topic: EMMA EUGENIA Passenger list May 1858 arrival Fremantle  (Read 10350 times)

Offline joannemclean

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: EMMA EUGENIA Passenger list May 1858 arrival Fremantle
« Reply #27 on: Friday 12 July 19 04:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Debra, I've been unable to find this:

" In 1851 they are both with their uncle Alexander in Westminster. "  Can you point me in the right direction? I am very interested in this, as Eleanor Catherine Mitchell Sheen and her four children (including her one month old son!) apparently were admitted to the work house for one day (31 Oct 1848). I've very interested in what happened to this family. Mary Anne ends up marrying a surgeon and moving to India ...

Cheers,
Joanne

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 12 July 19 04:21 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I should have given you the reference.  It is St Martin in the Fields, City of Westminster.

Class: HO107; Piece: 1482; Folio: 145; Page: 26

Here on FamilySearch:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:SGFD-WQH

Debra  :)

Offline joannemclean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 12 July 19 21:06 BST (UK) »
Many thanks, again! You have been very helpful. :D

Offline philt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 23 July 19 07:19 BST (UK) »
Hello. for those that have access to the Emma Eugenia passenger list arriving Fremantle in 1858, could you please confirm Susanah Murphy was on it. In the 1859 census she says that she was and that she was from Tyrone. She would be about 22yo as she says she was 24 in the census. Any information appreciated, free/convict etc. She married a ticket of leaver in 1866 after her first husband died so she herself may have been one. Regards Phil

Offline Maggie Speak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 23 July 19 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hello. for those that have access to the Emma Eugenia passenger list arriving Fremantle in 1858, could you please confirm Susanah Murphy was on it. In the 1859 census she says that she was and that she was from Tyrone. She would be about 22yo as she says she was 24 in the census. Any information appreciated, free/convict etc. She married a ticket of leaver in 1866 after her first husband died so she herself may have been one. Regards Phil

Murphy    Susan    Miss    Irish    Plymouth    Fremantle    Emma Eugenia    1858    4-May    21 years Servant Tyrone Acc115/42

Maggie

Offline philt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 23 July 19 12:19 BST (UK) »
Thankyou  maggie speak

Offline joannemclean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 06 August 19 19:10 BST (UK) »
On 08 July 1585 the Emma Eugenia went on to Singapore. A "Dr. Howard and wife" were passengers on this leg of the voyage. Does anyone have the passenger list or know where I should look for this? I am looking for Dr. John Simpson Howard and wife Mary Ann (Sheehan) Howard. Thanks!

Offline Maggie Speak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 05:06 BST (UK) »
On 08 July 1585 the Emma Eugenia went on to Singapore. A "Dr. Howard and wife" were passengers on this leg of the voyage. Does anyone have the passenger list or know where I should look for this? I am looking for Dr. John Simpson Howard and wife Mary Ann (Sheehan) Howard. Thanks!

Did you mean 08 July 1858 or 1585? If 1858, you might try http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/newspapers/Digitised/Search?ST=1&AT=search&k=%22Emma%20Eugenia%22 which mentioned the Emma Eugenia arriving 2nd September 1858. However I'm not sure it would have taken nearly 2 months to get there from Fremantle.

Offline joannemclean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 17:03 BST (UK) »
Ha! Why yes, I did mean 1858 not 1585!

"Dr Howard and wife" left on Emma Eugenia from Australia to Singapore on 6 July 1858. I was hoping to find someone with this list (or where to find it) so I could check if "Dr. Howard" is John Simpson Howard, and Mary Ann (Sheehan) Howard his wife.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/66009327?searchTerm=Howard&searchLimits=exactPhrase%7C%7C%7CanyWords%7C%7C%7CnotWords%7C%7C%7CrequestHandler%7C%7C%7CdateFrom&fbclid=IwAR2QDpzynZYuFZA_a6FLxSHAgpN9ojkObSm-TQOCpciudIMRwrgYayHtFa0

Does two months for the arrival in Singapore seem excessive? Perhaps stops on the way?