Author Topic: look up Census for 1841 and 1851 re David Walker and Charlotte Clementin Clement  (Read 10354 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: look up Census for 1841 and 1851 re David Walker and Charlotte Clementin Clement
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 07 February 15 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

The searches to date have been re the Deptford family. The Shoreditch family do not seem to be connected.

Regards
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CHERAN

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: look up Census for 1841 and 1851 re David Walker and Charlotte Clementin Clement
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 08 February 15 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all the efforts to try and piece this family together   .....

Eliza Ann, b. 1801, bap 24 May 1824       I am not sure how Eliza fits in
Mary Eliza Puckey b.13 May 1805, bap 3 Jun 1805
William John Leonard bap 1 Sept 1806 Butt Lane Parish Record -
Edward Bradley bap 27 Jan 1811 Butt Lane Parish Record -
Susanna Fowler bap 28 Feb 1813 Charles St, Parish Record -
Sarah Ann bap 16 July 1815 Victory St, Parish Record -
Margaret bap 7 Sept 1817 Victory St, Parish Record -
George Bingle bap 1 Aug 1821 Victory St, Parish Record - b. 18 July 1821  His death = 1889

Charlotte Christina bap 2 May 1821 b. 4 Nov 1820 Victory St, Parish Record   I am bit worried about the name "Christina" adds another layer    Her death = 1883  Vic. Aus.

Harriet Jane bap 23 July 1823 Victory St, Parish Record - b. 28 June 1823  her death = 1837
Laura Betsy bap 11 May 1826 b. 12 June 1826    her death = 1913

Still searching the early children -  I am still trying to track a Baptism for a Henry Thomas about 1808.... and haven't found any more ..... ::)

Thanks and sorry for the delay responding.... I couldn't get on the website at all yesterday

Cheran :-\

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 08 February 15 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,

The name is Charlotte Clementina on baptism register. I don't know where David found Christina- an error perhaps?
Where do you have Henry Thomas?
Heywood

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 08 February 15 19:29 GMT (UK) »
10th October 1808 St Paul, Deptford
Henry Thoms Clement, son of William and Mary. Born April 19th 1808

The name is abbreviated and is transcribed as Thoms or Thos.

Offline CHERAN

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 08 February 15 20:34 GMT (UK) »

thanks for this :)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 09 February 15 09:31 GMT (UK) »
Good lists of CLEMENT births/baptisms.  I can't see the name "Christina" either, at least not on the images I have access to.

I think the lists are fairly complete but have a couple of 'maybes' to add.

I would agree that the Shoreditch CLEMENT family is not relevant to this search.  On-line images give their address as Curtain Rd, Shoreditch and the father's occupation as 'Cow keeper' (I think)

James and William CLEMENT, baptised at St Nicholas October 1817, have a father who is a labourer and the address is Flagon Row, Greenwich.  Whether this is the same couple who were in Shoreditch till 1814 is unclear, but I think they are also not relevant.

Eliza Ann CLEMENT who was baptised on 24 May 1824 at St Paul's Deptford has, as already mentioned., only her mother's name listed - Mary Ann CLEMENT and has the word 'Base' listed under her name so Mary Ann was unmarried at the time of the birth.  Address given is Crossfield Lane.  There was another CLEMENT family living in Crossfield Lane - George and Elizabeth who seem to have been baptising children at St Paul's from about 1802.  (The first of these baptisms that I see on FreeReg may be the mother of Eliza Ann:
Mary Ann CLEMENTS   
Baptised 29 Aug 1802
Father   George, Labr
Mother   Elizath
Abode   Church Street)
I do not see an 1804 birthdate for Eliza Ann - the on-line register image has no year date listed, and FamilySearch lists her birthdate as 1 May, 1824.  However, perhaps there is another record.

Now - there is an interchange on various records of the names CLEMENT/CLEMENTS and even CLEMENS

For example, there is this baptism again at St Paul's Deptford:
Mary CLEMENTS
Born: 9 Nov 1814, Baptised: 26 Mar 1815
Parents: William (labourer), Mary
Living at Crossfield Lane

Also William and Mary CLEMENS, living at Baileys Rents? Or Back Lane, Deptford (and later nearer to Greenwich); with children baptised between about 1815 to about 1830.  His occupation is consistently 'smith' or 'blacksmith' and occasionally 'balcksmith DY' spoo he was also working at the Dockyard at the same time as Charlotte's father.

Obviously sorting out marriages and census entries with so many similar names won't be easy!

At least the children of the Victory Street couple seem to have more than one forename in most instances. I still have some difficulty with the births of Charlotte and George Bingle being so close together.  I think it's possible that the on-line images are not necessarily the original registers but contemporary copies (bishop's transcripts?)  However they are labelled as "Parish registers".  It may be worth contacting FamilySearch and see if their films are available to view as these may be from the originals.  I could be entirely wrong with this, though.

Now, to be mischievous I am adding this child to the mix which will add to confusion when seeking MD or census records.  I can't readily see any thing for her..............
St Anne's Soho,
Clementina CLEMENTS
Born 6 May 1821, baptised 5 May 1822
Parents: John (occ tailor), Elizabeth
Abode: St Martins

Sorry, such a long post.  Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk