Author Topic: Anna Squires wife of Seth Seely in New Brunswick  (Read 3305 times)

Offline andycros

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anna Squires wife of Seth Seely in New Brunswick
« on: Thursday 05 February 15 01:52 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on Anna Squires, wife of Seth Seely Jr.  Here is what I know and conjecture...

-Anna and Seth Jr. married in New Brunswick on Oct 11 1791.
-Seth Seely Jr and Seth Seely Sr. both came to New Brunswick from New York on the loyalist ship Union.
-Also on the ship was Seth Squires Sr., his wife, 3 children under 10, 3 children over 10 and Seth Squires Jr.
-The Squires and Seely's were both from Fairfield Co, Connecticut and likely knew each other.
-Seth Squires Sr's kids names can all be found except for one, who could be Anna and could have been the unnamed child with him on Union.  She could be his daughter.
-The missing child was one of the children over 10.
-I have found birth dates for Anna Squires ranging from 1769 to 1777.  If born in 1769 in Con
-Seth Squires Sr also had a niece named Anna squires who would have been the right age.  But there is no record of her going to Canada and I have found death dates for her that dont add up.  So... unlikely.
-The Squires from Union  first settled in Pennfield, Charlotte County, according to one note I found.

Anyone have any info or ideas for me to pursue?

Many thanks,
Andy

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Anna Squires wife of Seth Seely in New Brunswick
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 December 15 01:40 GMT (UK) »
Anna Seely wife of Seth died January 5, 1857 aged 83 years, 9 months. Daniel Johnson's transcribed newspaper article from New Brunswick Courier, January 10, 1857.

This would put her born possibly April 1773, if the death information is correct.

You might want to do additional searching. Here is the link to the database:
http://archives.gnb.ca/Search/NewspaperVitalStats/Default.aspx?culture=en-CA

Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 December 15 02:34 GMT (UK) »
There is a Seeley Genealogy Society that gives the birth date as May 14, 1773.
http://www.seeley-society.net/clans/seth_ful.htm
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline andycros

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 January 16 03:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for these replies.  I did not see them until now!  I did find Anna Squires' grave picture and see that the Seeley's have her birthday as May 14, 1773.  But could not figure out where she was born or to whom.  I'll search the other references a bit, but if anyone has a way to crack those nuts, much appreciated.  Very curious if I can find something convincing as to whether she was the 'unnamed' child of Seth Squires on the Union....

---Andy