Author Topic: Anna Squires of ...Connecticut? Late 1700s  (Read 905 times)

Offline andycros

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anna Squires of ...Connecticut? Late 1700s
« on: Thursday 05 February 15 01:56 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on Anna Squires, wife of Seth Seely Jr.  Here is what I know and conjecture...

-Anna and Seth Jr. married in New Brunswick on Oct 11 1791.
-Seth Seely Jr and Seth Seely Sr. both came to New Brunswick from New York on the loyalist ship Union.
-Also on the ship was Seth Squires Sr., his wife, 3 children under 10, 3 children over 10 and Seth Squires Jr.
-The Squires and Seely's were both from Fairfield Co, Connecticut and likely knew each other.
-Seth Squires Sr's kids names can all be found except for one, who could be Anna and could have been the unnamed child with him on Union.  She could be his daughter.
-The missing child was one of the children over 10.
-I have found birth dates for Anna Squires ranging from 1769 to 1777.  If born in 1769 in Connecticut, that would fit just right.
-Seth Squires Sr also had a niece named Anna squires who would have been the right age.  But there is no record of her going to Canada and I have found death dates for her that dont add up.  So... unlikely.
-The Squires from Union first settled in Pennfield, Charlotte County, New Brunswick, according to one note I found.

Anyone have any info or ideas for me to pursue?  Info from New York or Connecticut that might help?

Many thanks,
Andy