Author Topic: booth family of cheshire  (Read 5608 times)

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: booth family of cheshire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 09:34 GMT (UK) »
putting everything together last night realised that thomas and elizabeth married just before the before the birth of mary.  my mind was still on the photograph of the booths that i hold showing mary who is about 13/15. so still do not know who malcolm, ruth or amos is. malcolm and ruth are older than mary but amos is younger.  the one thing i did notice is that a witness at thomas and elizabeth marriage was a member of the harvey family and a member of the harvey family were a witness at martha's wedding.

molly

hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Molly,
I don't think the Harvey family were related to your Booth family.
Looking at some unrelated  marriage records for around the same time frame shows that they witnessed a number of weddings. :(
I think they were parish officials/church wardens.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 February 15 16:51 GMT (UK) »
thanks for that. 

molly
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline Leander

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 January 18 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Molly
I picked up your posting on the internet and it has finally prompted me to join RootsChat.
My wifes tree is interlinked with yours. Her ancestor was Marthas sister Mary.
Both seem to have had illegitimate children. Marys was Thomas born 1845 who seems to have been brought up by his grandparents-he is on their census returns for 1851/61 and names his father on his marriage as Thomas -his grandfathers name.I have visited the house where Thomas Booth and his wife Elizabeth lived since at least 1841(Hares Clough)which has now been incorporated into a larger property along with the 2 adjacent cottages-I have some photographs.Mary doesn't seem to have married and is on various censuses between 1851-1881 as a servant or housekeeper. Stoak Hall where she was last recorded still exists and is now a pub.
Elizabeth(formerly Maddock)seems to be on a number of census returns at Beauty Bank which is adjacent to Hares Clough although there are slight inconsistencies with her age.
The final entry is at the age of 101 in 1881.There was also a burial of Elizabeth Booth aged 103 in Whitegate with (strangely) an obituary in a Dundee newspaper which I have yet to obtain

Hope this is of some use
Leander

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 14:34 GMT (UK) »
hi

thank you for picking that up, my e mail is stephball@live.co.uk, wow that fantastic.  I thought it said rake hall but ovbviously stoak hall.  Martha was house keeper there at one time, so both the sisters worked there.  I have a book, leather bound, which was given to Martha's daughter another Martha on her twenty first birthday, so I have kept it well wrapped up.  do you have any recollections of a farm in kinnerton in the fifties, I am saying this because as children we used to visit and I have found a photograph of some booths but can't tie them in with our booths.,  they are Malcolm booth, ruth booth etc.

would love to hear from you, I live now (although born in upton, chester) Worcestershire

steph