Author Topic: John Freeman of Acton  (Read 3289 times)

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
John Freeman of Acton
« on: Monday 19 July 04 16:02 BST (UK) »
John Freeman was b. abt 1658 of Acton, Suffolk. he married Susanna(h) Rayner b. abt 1660 of Harwich, Essex. they married in 1680 in Colchester-or they were going to marry in the Quaker faith there, but they didn't-perhaps they married in Suffolk. I haven't found their marriage. they did raise their children in the Quaker faith. they lived in Walton, Suffolk. they had 5 children;
John b. 1681, Mary b. 1682, Sarah b. 1686, Susanna b. 1687 and John b. 1689. I have full dates on these children if anyone needs them. John b. 1681 d. young. Mary married Edmond Cross, Jr., Sarah we don't know what happened to. Susanna m. Joseph King and "disappeared" and we don't know what happened to John. we know nothing more of this family except for Mary and Edmond, who are my 6x great grandparents. is anyone researching the early Freemans of Walton, Woodbridge and Acton?
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt

KarenEssex

Re: John Freeman of Acton
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 August 04 18:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Just incase youve missed this site.

http://fp.raylong.plus.com/acton/index.html

I am sure you havent but just in case  :)

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John Freeman of Acton
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 September 04 20:48 BST (UK) »
no, I didn't know about that site! thank you! this is wonderful.
my ancestors were expats, so I often miss some of the more well known (by Brits) websites. I tried Googling Acton some time back without satisfying results. maybe the site is new? which ever it is, I am so glad you sent it!
Oh. he isn't there. hmmm. there's no Freeman listed as early as John.
he was nonconformist, and they appear to only have C of E records, which may explain why he isn't there. I'll email them and see if they are planning on adding noncon. records.
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt