Author Topic: enniscorthy james pitham  (Read 2433 times)

Offline BPittham

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
enniscorthy james pitham
« on: Wednesday 11 February 15 14:33 GMT (UK) »
hello again, please does anyone have information on james pitham born about 1849-51 enniscorthy.  Died following assault in wexford gaol 1883.  One of his court charges is assault of Michael Pittham (? brother) and he is also cited as co defendant with on occasion with William pitham (? father).  There seems to be a feud with the murphy family, john and Michael.  I have no further information.  I was hoping to track down the inquest into his death to see if there is any other family information.

I am wondering if this james could be the father of William Pittham born approximately 1870. William states on his marriage certificate in 1893 to Maggie howard that his father was james, a dealer.

I know there is a pithman family (Pault)but as yet I cant see where the link is.

Many thanks again for any help
Pittham, Pitham
McCarthy
Pender
Brady, Bready
Woods, Rowlands

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: enniscorthy james pitham
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 19:17 GMT (UK) »

Offline BPittham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: enniscorthy james pitham
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 February 15 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Is this not a duplicate of

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=501033.0

Cheers

Hello, I don't believe my post to be a duplicate of this thread.  I haven't been able to establish the link between the James Pitham I am looking for and the family of Paul Pithman Senior per this thread. I have found the gaol records and death of my relative that include the names Michael and William Pitham  and so now wonder he could be the uncle of Paul Pithman senior?  I am seeking any further information or confirmation.  The gaol record of James Pitham states he is single but we believe he had a son William about 1869/70 but we do not know the name of Williams mother.

Thank you.
Pittham, Pitham
McCarthy
Pender
Brady, Bready
Woods, Rowlands