Author Topic: looking for a ernest lambert  (Read 1883 times)

Offline pennylindo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for a ernest lambert
« on: Saturday 14 February 15 16:22 GMT (UK) »
hi iam the granddaughter of ernest lambert ,he was born in Stockton on tees, in about 1918/20 .his parents were ernest +Elizabeth (nee crooks) his brothers +sister are :Arthur (b)?(d)1924 (baby);Irene(b)?(d)1928(baby);Margery((b)(d)1930(baby);leslie(b)(d)1987;edith ann (b);(d)?;Audrey(b)(d) 1997.irene+margery were twins.ernest was married to hilda burns on 27 aug 1937, hilda died 1993,and had 1 daughter  born sept 1941.when there divorced ernest went to America then we were told he maybe in new jersey us, i would love to no more about this side of my family any help would do as this is all I no .thanks.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a ernest lambert
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 February 15 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi, and a warm welcome to Rootschat!

Rootschat is not a forum for tracing living people, and has a policy not to mention anyone who is or may still be alive, so you may wish to remove some of the names from your post.

If you are wanting to trace the family going back, then tell us what you already have (I see you know Ermest's parents names) and where you are stuck e.g have you found the marriage to Elizabeth Crooks?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pennylindo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 February 15 17:14 GMT (UK) »
hi iam the granddaughter of ernest lambert ,he was born in Stockton on tees, in about 1918/20 .his parents were ernest +Elizabeth (nee crooks) his brothers +sister are :Arthur (b)?(d)1924 (baby);Irene(b)?(d)1928(baby);Margery((b)(d)1930(baby);leslie(b)(d)1987;edith ann (b);(d)?;Audrey(b)(d) 1997.irene+margery were twins.ernest was married to hilda burns on 27 aug 1937 hilda died in 1993,and had 1 daughter  born sept 1941.when there divorced ernest went to America then we were told he maybe in new jersey us, i would love to no more about this side of my family any help would do as this is all I no .

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 February 15 18:43 GMT (UK) »
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

births

lambert
blank
crooks
blank

1912 - blank
search
you will see all the Lambert Crooks births on the results page
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline pennylindo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 July 15 17:18 BST (UK) »
hi,this is what I have found out about ernest lambert born oct 1918 in Stockton on tees  family so far:his parents are :ernest +Elizabeth (nee crooks)there married at Stockton on tees register office on the 11th may 1918,which I have a copy of the certificate.ernest was born in 1897,elizabeth was born in 1899,his dad was Arthur,her dad was William.Now Arthur's mother was a mahala frost lambert born 1831 died 1903 ? now her father +mother where Robert +mary (nee frost)who had 9 other kids.Mahala had 3 kids but no father on the census???Now if my granddad ernest (1918)was still a live now he will be 98 this year,as I said I don't no if he is or not ,all I no is he live in Stockton on tees until 1950's then went to U.S.A. could be New Jersey (NEWARK) hope someone can help me find out about him . :

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 July 15 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi at present having problems locating him in USA can you tell me was he/could he have been married prior to a possible departure to America?
Keyboard86

PS apologies see he was divorced? !
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 17:43 BST (UK) »

Hi,

If I'm looking at the right records Ernest had the middle initial W, do you know what stood for? It might help locating him.

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline pennylindo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 19:20 BST (UK) »
hi daisy, his full name is ernest William lambert born 1918 in Stockton on tees ,he was married to my nana (hilda burns)there got married 1938 then divorced.just don't know where were he went ,but my mother (his daughter)thinks he went to the U S A .