Author Topic: annie may wilks  (Read 4378 times)

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: annie may wilks
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 15 February 15 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks -I thought it was too good to be true :-\

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 15 February 15 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Right - I've found out something that simply must be a link - too many coincidences - so please bear with me.

First, I noticed on the GR link, that the marriage of Annie Wilks took place in North Ormesby. I tried checking out the address on the marriage certificate - 33 Alpe/Alfe/Alfred Street and it can only be 33 Alfred Street, North Ormesby, Middlesbrough.   The same family lived at the address in 1891 and 1901. On the latter John Bache 48 Pipe Moulder, Jane Bache 45 and children Emmanuel 18, Ephraim 16, Samuel 10, Rebecca 8 and Noah 4.   In 1891 the family listed as Bach and John an Iron Moulder!

As John Bach he married Jane Wilks Dec.qtr.1878 Middlesbrough.   'North Ormesby' ,'Iron Moulder' and 'Wilks'!!!   Was Annie born prior to the marriage?   Or, did Jane Wilks have a brother William who was an Iron Moulder too and was he Annie's father?   I cannot find an Annie/variants Wilks or Bach/e on 1881-1891 census so heaven knows where she was. 

Jane Bach/e, nee Wilks, is shown bc.1857 Dudley, Staffordshire in 1881.   In 1891 it's 1857 North Ormesby and in 1901 Holy Hall, Staffordshire!!!

I can't clearly identify Jane Wilks before her marriage in 1878 which is not helping either BUT I am positive this is the link to your Annie Wilks - that Jane was a) her mother or b) maybe even an older sister, and that the William Wilks who died Middlesbrough aged 45 was probably Annie's father.   I bet his death certificate will show him to be an Iron Moulder! 

John Bach was the son of a Noah who was also an Iron Moulder!  The names of their respective children would also suggest a Jewish link as referred to earlier.

Perhaps someone else can find the precise links but I am absolutely certain that Annie Wilks is connected to this family.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline joybrook

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 15 February 15 23:31 GMT (UK) »
My god i am shocked it is the first possitive sign thank you so much
Haigh, Howden,Stafford, Welburn from Howden and Bubwith areas,
Brook from Worcestershire
Cusworth from Leeds
Trudgeon Cornwall