Author Topic: Patrick Connelly and Susan Tierney, Cavan ?  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick Connelly and Susan Tierney, Cavan ?
« on: Monday 16 February 15 15:54 GMT (UK) »
I have Death cert for my great gran Alice Connelly ms Connelly 1873-1940. She was married to a Patrick Connelly but cant find him on the 1911 Census in Glasgow. Alice is with her brothers Patrick 1868 and James 1872 plus her 2 kids . On her death cert it states Patrick Connelly (farm labourer) as father and Susan Tierny as mother . on Family search theres an Owen Connelly born to a Patrick and a Susan Tierney in Cavan , could this be the same family and Cavan is the place they have came from ? thanks ,Raymie.
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Connelly and Susan Tierney, Cavan ?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 February 15 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Worth taking note of but you would need a lot more.
There is also this https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FR4V-VFH

Oblivious question but what does she say as birthplace on the 1911 Census.

Assuming Ireland than
Alice would have a birth certificate so if she was born in Cavan you can find the Reg Districts here
http://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Ireland-civil-registration.html
I had a quick look and there is a possibly in 1874 in Bawnboy.
Worth trying a few districts on FamilySearch to see if there are others, than if you feel sure she was born in Cavan a research cert costs €4.
But do be careful before spending money, if might be worth waiting for Parish Records to come online free in the summer (all going to plan). It would also be worth seeing if the names Owen or Michael appear on other records associated with her. Children's Baptisms perhaps if either of them travelled to Scotland as well. They may not be her brothers so the more you find in the Scottish records the better.

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 February 15 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sinann ,it just mentions birthplace as Ireland With 2 kids in Lanarkshire. Finding the death cert has helped me get new names to search for .Funny that Alice,s1873 father is Patrick ,brother Patrick ,husband Patrick and even her son is Patrick Connelly  ;D thanks for nosying around for me ,thanks Raymie.
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 February 15 23:49 GMT (UK) »
 Have just found a Family Tree with Alice Connelly 1873-1940 on it . Theres some confusion as on Alice s Marriage  lines  she states her father is Patrick Connelly  but on her  mothers death cert she is married to a Thomas Muirhead 1858-1903 and the 2 kids with his name are born after he has died , confusing so have emailed him for info . He states Alice was born" Alice Muirhead (born Connolly)
Knockatee, Ballyhaise, Cavan, Ireland
Jan 23 1871" will update if he replies back to me , cheers Raymie

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 March 15 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Maybe 8-10 years ago from another list someone contacted me if I knew who this Thomas Muirhead was.

Alice Connelly was "married" to Thomas Muirhead her parents were indeed Patrick Connelly and Susan Tierny. Alice died 27 OCT 1940, 15 Ross St., Glasgow. The informant was her daughter Alice McCabe of the same address.

Daughter Alice, age 26 married Wm McCabe on 25 AUG 1830 RC marriage, usual residence for both was 15 Ross St., Glasgow.  She states her parents were Patrick Connelly and Alice Connelly ms Connelly.

There is no Thomas Muirhead/Alice Connelly marriage in Scotland so perhaps they married elsewhere or possibly not at all, nor did I find a death of a Thomas in Scotland who was married to Alice Connelly.  There is a Thomas Muirhead/Ellen Connoll marriage in 1931 but his surname is actually McAuley.

I have Alice's death and her daughter's marriage, if you wish copies send me a PM with your email and I'll send them to you.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 March 15 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Don, i managed to get Alice,s death cert  in 1940 and marriage cert to Charles McCabe in 1930. Thanks for the offer . I managed to track Alice Connelly 1873-1940,s mother Susans  Tierney Connelly,s death in 29/12/1901 at 105 Stockwell Street ,Glasgow, 5 min walk from Alices house in Ross Street.Susan Connelly , widow of Patrick Connelly ms, Tierney . Parents  father  ----- Tierney and mother ------- Tierney . Witness was her son Thomas and he either never knew his grandparents names or Susan never knew them , will never know . Thanks again for the help , cheers Raymie.