Author Topic: Francis Hodder, vicar of Ugborough born c1650  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Relatively Northern

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Francis Hodder, vicar of Ugborough born c1650
« on: Wednesday 18 February 15 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Would anyone be able to provide me with further information above person?

I'm researching him on behalf of a friend and would like to know if there is any record of him at St Peter's Church in Ugborough?

Francis was born in Dorset c1650, son of Robert Hodder, a Yeoman but seems to be one of the first Hodders to move to Ugborough c1677 as vicar to the parish. His wife was Judith (possible surname Miller from my research) and one of their sons was named Servington after the local landlord, Servington Savery Esq; a tradition which seems to have been held down the generations. I've found him in Friends of Devon Archives and old ecclesiastical books online but something that isn't online would be much better.

Any further information will be appreciated.

Kind regards

Relatively
Wakenshaw, Forbes, Constant. Lyon, Hindle, Rumney, Rishworth, Halliwell, McAllister, Reed, Beaton, Pittuck, Tallack, Paterson, Stevenson, Sim, Thom, Strachan, Andrew, Allan, Taylor, Skelton, Wellburn, Storm, McLean, Dewar, O'Donohoe
Banffshire, Midlothian, Lanarkshire, Yorkshire, Northumberland, Ireland

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Kingston Goater 1853-1920
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Hodder, vicar of Ugborough born c1650
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 February 15 15:54 GMT (UK) »
When did he die?

There's a will in the Devon Wills Index for a Francis Hodder, occupation clerk, probate year 1729 in Ugborough, Devon.
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline Relatively Northern

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Hodder, vicar of Ugborough born c1650
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 February 15 16:25 GMT (UK) »
I believe this is he.  :)

I've looked into getting a copy but they are clearly an onsite collection, which given their age is understandable. Thanks for the info.

Kind regards

Relatively
Wakenshaw, Forbes, Constant. Lyon, Hindle, Rumney, Rishworth, Halliwell, McAllister, Reed, Beaton, Pittuck, Tallack, Paterson, Stevenson, Sim, Thom, Strachan, Andrew, Allan, Taylor, Skelton, Wellburn, Storm, McLean, Dewar, O'Donohoe
Banffshire, Midlothian, Lanarkshire, Yorkshire, Northumberland, Ireland