Author Topic: Annie E Linford (Rognvaldson) & Lily Linford  (Read 4187 times)

Offline Rognvaldsonfamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie E Linford (Rognvaldson) & Lily Linford
« on: Thursday 19 February 15 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello,  I got so much help here when I started my search for my great grandfather Valdimar Rognvaldson (from Iceland) and his daughter Annie in Grimsby  which I started in 2012.   Now I am back, I already found out in 2012 that there are no living relatives in Grimsby to visit, found out by buying a death certificate (suggested by a Rootchat member ;-)) and by calling the nursing home, a girl there remembered my aunt who died in 2000, and told me she had no immediate family.     
Ok..  thats the story..   Now I am back here since I am very stubborn.  I want to know more about him and hers family in England, want to write their story.  So I am tracing their family roots in England.

I am now at the point that I am trying to link the wife (of Valdimar Rognvaldson )her name was Annie E. Linford according to their marriage in 1909 to Lily Linford (born 1909) (married Leonard F. Kewley in 1933) who is the mother of George Robert Kewley who was an informant on my aunts Annie Rognvaldson (married Winters in 1937) death certificate in 2000.

Annie E. Linford and Lily Linford must be related with the same family name?? And with a connection to Annie Rognvaldson the daughter.

I thought I had found the right Annie E. Linford with mother Emma Linford (b.1855) and George Linford (b. 1853).   But having no luck finding Lily Linford anywhere near there, I am starting to think I have the wrong Annie E.  (so many of them).     The only thing I have found of her is the 1911 cencus where she is said to be born abt 1882 and from Hull.  And when she married Valdimar and had her daughter Annie in 1912. ie. where I can be sure I have the right woman.   Very frustrating.

The Lily Linford I found has mother Annie Elizabeth Wright and father Arthur John Linford (b.1870-1962)   If anyone here would be able to help me the rookie with this mistery I would be so thankful.

If you are ever in Iceland, I will take you for tour. ;-) thanks, Jenny 

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie E Linford (Rognvaldson) & Lily Linford
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 February 15 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Do you have the marriage certificate? That would confirm the father's name.

There is this family - written as Lindford in 1891  Piece: 3922. Folio: 123 Page: 24

Transcription of father's name is wrong- father is Harold
15 Hotham Grove Drypool, Kingston upon Hull

Halola Lindford   31 yrs Shipwright
Eliza Lindford 31 yrs
Sarah A Lindford    13 yrs
Anne E Lindford   8 yrs
Harold C Lindford 5 yrs
Lily Lindford 3 yrs
George W Lindford 1 yr

All born in Hull.

This Lily would be the wrong one to be married and have a child in 1930s :-\ I think.
In 1901, the family are Linford- more children.
Regards
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 February 15 01:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you I tried this onw.  When looking at this Ann E in Hull I came up with this one.  and in 1901 Annie E is no longer on the list of the family of Harold and Eliza  ??? ;-(

Death register
Name:   Ann Elizabeth Linford
   abt 1883
Registration Year: 1891
Registration Quarter:   Oct-Nov-Dec
Age at Death:   8
Registration district:   Hull
Parishes for this Registration District:   View Ecclesiastical Parishes associated with this Registration District
Inferred County:   Yorkshire East Riding
Volume:   9d
Page:   154

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 February 15 03:32 GMT (UK) »
Lily Linford,  England & Wales births 1837-2006
born Grimsby, Lincolnshire in 1909.

Married Kewley 1933, Grimsby, Lincolnshire.

So she will be only on a census in Lincolnshire in 1911.

This is the period of time where we have to pay for information as it is copywrite to most of the paysites.

Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 February 15 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you I tried this onw.  When looking at this Ann E in Hull I came up with this one.  and in 1901 Annie E is no longer on the list of the family of Harold and Eliza  ??? ;-(

Death register
Name:   Ann Elizabeth Linford
   abt 1883
Registration Year: 1891
Registration Quarter:   Oct-Nov-Dec
Age at Death:   8
Registration district:   Hull

Oh dear! Sorry, I never checked!

Perhaps this is Lily in 1911 indexes- unfortunately only by initial https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X7YJ-RJ7
I think she is the one you found as there are other people listed by initial, including A J who is probably Arthur John.

There is also this one who, I suppose, may have been a Lily  :-\. https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X7YJ-TCJ

She is presumably Sarah Ann L Linford registered in the same quarter and year as Lily - June 1909.

It looks as though you may have to buy certificates.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 February 15 11:06 GMT (UK) »
A Lily Kewley b.28/4/1908 died Mar.qtr.1970.

She must be the Lily Linford birth in June quarter 1908 Sculcoates -  Annie Rognvaldson states has 2 children on census after but only one with them).

I suspect that Lily Linford may have been born before Annie's marriage but only a copy of the birth certificate can tell you that.

Annie Elizabeth Linford had a sister Lily Linford who looks like she married a George Boag in Dec.qtr.1907 Sculcoates and free 1911 index suggests her niece Lily L. is with her.

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 February 15 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Lily Linford (the elder) was born 13/11/1887, baptised 7/12/1887 St. Johns Hull, dau. of Harold and Eliza.

Annie E Linford appears as their daughter on the census bc.1883 the birth entry in name Ann Eliza Linford in Mar.qtr.1883 Sculcoates.  However, there is a baptism for an Ada Eliza b.15/12/1882, bp.10/1/1883 St. Johns Hull, dau. of Harold and Eliza.   Unfortunately you can only view a transcript not the original entry.   There is no birth entry for an Ada Eliza and I suspect the 'Ada' shown on the baptism transcript is an error and should read Ann Eliza as the dates fit exactly.

Harold Oscar Linford married Eliza Lee Sept.qtr.1882 Sculcoates.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 20 February 15 12:07 GMT (UK) »
I had found the same as Annette. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to give any information re 1911 census- we can only refer to the indexes. You would  have to search  yourself.
I think this is her https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X7T9-32D
One other index shows an age of 22 though so it would need to be checked.

There is an Annie Linford aged 8 yrs in 1891, parents Robert and Rebecca. She is perhaps
the one who dies later that year.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 20 February 15 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Wow,, I knew I could count on you here.  What a great community of detectives ;-)    Thank you so much.   I have got myself a subscription on ancestry.   I will use the info you have given me to get back on the right track.   I see now that I was completely out of track with the wrong Annie Linford.  (so many of them).  will get back to you when I have done a little research myself.  Again thank you all xx