Author Topic: Who Were The Parents of William Burrell Born 1831 Lurgan Ireland??  (Read 6868 times)

Offline Kate sparrow

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who Were The Parents of William Burrell Born 1831 Lurgan Ireland??
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 24 January 21 01:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone , thanks again for your help with william burrell,  Russell I do believe you are right about the brothers, I am still working away trying to find that missing link that will tie them all together,

William and elizabeth named their children ,William (possibly after his father), Robert, ( after her father)  Ann Jane,  David  and lastly Isabella.. so hopefully Ann jane and isabella could possibly the mothers names, fingers crossed !!!
lots of these names show up in and around lurgan and seagoe,  thanks Katc I will see what i can find out about William and isabelle taylor  and Have checked the links thanks KG
Hope you are all staying safe and well over there we are thinking of you all from down here in NZ

Offline Rustymar1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 24 January 21 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kate,

Since my last message in September I have discovered that my 2nd great-grandfather was in fact a David Burrell (b. 1829 - d. 31 Dec 1899) and not James. David was the son of William, a weaver from Lurgan.

David married a Rosanna Moneypenny in the Church of Ireland, Shankhill Parish, Lurgan on 7 Jan 1855, and they had at least four children together: William, Elizabeth, John and Emily.

I'm almost certain that your ancestor William b. 1831 was David's brother, and that they had at least two other siblings: James b. 1834 and Thomas b.1839.

Kind Regards

Russell

Offline Kate sparrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 24 January 21 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Russell, thank you for your quick reply ,  My William born 1831 was also listed as a weaver on his marriage record, so another possible link!  family lore has it that we are related to lord nelson back through  the burrell family,  would be great to one day prove that theory! till then will keep working away ....