Author Topic: Who Were The Parents of William Burrell Born 1831 Lurgan Ireland??  (Read 6871 times)

Offline Kate sparrow

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who Were The Parents of William Burrell Born 1831 Lurgan Ireland??
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 April 15 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Thanks Barbara, another link in trying to find out more about them!

Offline Kate sparrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 April 15 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, just wondering about cemetery records for these area's does anyone know of any online searchable databases ?  thanks!

Offline aljepeka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 April 15 23:17 BST (UK) »
Hi again Kate,

Seagoe Church of Ireland BMD records would be a good source.   I am snowed under at present but maybe someone else can do a look up for you.   If you have no luck, give me a shout in a few weeks and I will do it.   I do know that Valentine Burrell is buried in Seagoe cemetery as his grave is only a few away from one of my ancestors graves.    The records of Seagoe Cemetery are only searchable from 1901 however burials were taking place hundreds of years before that, hence I suggest the Church Records which date from the 1600's.  Drumcree Chuch of Ireland may also be worthwhile to search along with the graveyards in Lurgan . ie. Shankill and Lurgan Cemetery aka the New Cemetery even though it dates from the 1800's.  http://www.lurganancestry.com/gravestones.htm  has the grave inscriptions for Valentine in Seagoe and also a Burrell in Shankill :-)   
 Regards, Barbara
HARVEY-Drumnagoon/Seagoe/Portadown
McMURRAY,GIBSON,FITZSIMMONS-Crossmacaughley/Crossmacahilly/Moyraverty/Portadown
WOODS-Knocknamuckley/Portadown
CARDWELL,MORELAND-Dromore/Dromara/Waringstown
BOWEN-Tipperary
FREEBURN-Tartaraghan/Drumcree/Derrylard/Portadown

Offline Kate sparrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 09:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara , Thanks so much! I have seen on Ancestry the marriage record for my Willam and Elizabeth Gray in 1865 it also  lists..  other members of the household as Robert Gray and William Burrell  only..... but not the mothers/ wives!  would this be normal practice? or am I right in assuming Ellen Gray and Mrs  Burrell have died ? or left their husbands..... before their children married.. will keep searching and thank you so much for the offer of help, If I could come to Ireland and search the cemeteries I would!!  Maybe one day in the future!!  All the best Kate

Offline Kate sparrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 18 June 15 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone thank you for your posts, sadly have not not been able to get along any further with my missing wives!  thank you heather for the cemetery info is there any chance you might be able to do that lookup for me sometime?? I appear to have exhausted all the online searchable databases I can access from my side of the world, if anyone has any ideas where I can go from here would be most grateful!
all the best, 
Kate

Offline Kate sparrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 18 June 15 22:20 BST (UK) »
Opps !! Sorry Barbara!   I  Should not type in the morning before I have coffee!! Cheers Kate!

Offline Rustymar1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 September 20 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate,

Just for your information, my 2nd great-grandfather was a James Burrell born 1834 and he married an Elizabeth Carter in the Shankhill Parish Church, Lurgan on 15 June 1857. His father was William too and I believe he was a brother of your ancestor William born 1838. There was also a Thomas Burrell born in 1839, another son of William snr's, who got married in the Shankhill Church.

My great-grandfather (James's son) was also named William and he called 3 of his sons William, James and Thomas.

Regards

Russell M

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 09:42 BST (UK) »

Marriage of THOMAS BURRELL and ELIZABETH ROWAND on 4th November 1864.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1864/11625/8279973.pdf

Marriage of JAMES BURRELL and ELIZABETH CARTER on 15th June 1857.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1857/09534/5456373.pdf
(It's a poor image)

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 26 September 20 16:24 BST (UK) »
There is also William born to William Burrell and Isabelle Taylor  Sept 17, 1830  bapt at Lurgan First Presbyterian. They lived at Hoophill. A William born to Wm married Sarah Gamble in 1849 in Drumcree, but there is nothing that says this isn't another Wm, son of Wm.