Author Topic: Just starting on Keogans of Tow Law  (Read 2976 times)

Offline sgf28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Just starting on Keogans of Tow Law
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 February 15 19:02 GMT (UK) »
There is an Eliza Tatham age 9 on 1841 census in West Witton, living with Dorothy Tatham born 1796, Jane Tatham age 20 and Ellen Tatham age 7.

Offline Yvonn3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 February 15 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone. You've all been loads of help and the hints on Ancestry have gone mad.

Offline BryanBell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 September 19 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I've just registered after googling for John and Eliza's marriage and found this link.

I am the oldest grandson of Laurence Keogan mentioned above. My mother (Laurence's oldest daughter) has also done some research on the family which I'm waiting to receive from her.

@Yvonn3, hopefully you will get this message - what was the name of your grandmother, please? I wasn't aware until I saw your message that granddad had any sisters, so this has opened a whole new branch for me.

I also knew great Uncle John and Aunty Gerty.

Offline Yvonn3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 September 19 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Bryan
Your message was a huge surprise since I originally posted my message in 2015!  :)
Are you Barbara, Pauline or Margaret’s son?
My mum remembers Barbara and Pauline but I don’t know what memories she has of them.
Your Grandad actually had 2 sisters. My Grandma was Margaret Jane but always known as Jenny and there was the oldest sibling, Winnie, who died as a child. Lawrence was older than my Grandma and Great Uncle John. I met them and their daughter when I was quite young, not long before John died and Gertie came to stay with us when my Grandma was in the hospital shortly before she died.
My mum knows that after Lawrence died, your Grandma moved somewhere down south and the family all lost touch.
I’ve got a photo of your Grandad with John and my Grandma as children with their mum. Their dad took it to war with him.

Hope to hear from you soon

Yvonne

Offline BryanBell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 September 19 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Yvonne,  :D

Wow, the wonders of the internet.

I am Margaret's son. I have 2 younger sisters, Janet and Fiona. My mam knew about Winifred but appears to have got confused between your grandma and a Norah (married a Harvicon, but I can't find their marriage yet) but I think this is the next generation up (our gt granddad's sister who was Norah Catherine).

My sister Fiona has a lot of info on the family (from my mam and your grandma - apparently they visited her a few years ago as part of this project) and hopefully she will copy it and send it to me (I'm currently living in Switzerland) so it will take a couple of weeks until I can see the bigger picture.

I also managed to find 3 x gt granddad John Keogan on the UK census. I've just signed up with rootsireland but I've not been able to locate his birth yet.

It'll be great to compare notes  :)

Best regards
Bryan

Offline Yvonn3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 29 September 19 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Bryan
My Grandma married Harry Harvican in Berkhamstead where she was working in service. They moved to Nottingham, where Harry was from, and most of my immediate family are still there. They had 6 children, 5 of them grew up, married and had more children so you have lots of cousins. I’m living in the smallest county of Rutland and my mum, Patricia and 2 of her sisters, another Margaret and another Winnie still see each other. They are the only ones left of Jenny and Harry’s children.
That should give you some more to add to your tree.

Yvonne

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 02 October 19 10:44 BST (UK) »
How lovely that the wonders of rootschat can bring family memories together! From all over the world too!
North East of England