Author Topic: Search for Harriet Dudley  (Read 9628 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Search for Harriet Dudley
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 February 15 22:11 GMT (UK) »
That fits with only being married 2 months on the 1910 census -

Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 26 February 15 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Same Joplin directory a listing for Robertson, John H. mine opr. 214 W. 4th, r. 106 n Pearl.

Cheers, :)
DB

Offline Philnut

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 26 February 15 22:41 GMT (UK) »
To add more information, when Edith emigrated in 1919 to the US on the ships manifest it stated as her contact Aunt Mrs Robinson, this must have been a misunderstanding and should be Mrs Robertson, but the address is Lincoln City, New Mexico.
So after Harriet married John Robertson in 1910 they must have moved before 1919 to New Mexico.
Is this correct, can this be substantiated please?
Phil
Looking for:  Bird, Webb, Prosser, Dudley, Page
Links to: King Beli Mawr "The Great" of the Druids of the Celtic Britons born circa 110 BC, King Henry VII, William Cartwright (poet),
Pilgrim Fathers, The Gunpowder Plot, Sir Thomas Lawrence (portrait painter), Matthew Holbeche Bloxam, John Cadbury (chocolatier),
 Sir Barnes Wallis

Offline Philnut

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 26 February 15 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Same Joplin directory a listing for Robertson, John H. mine opr. 214 W. 4th, r. 106 n Pearl.
Cheers, :)
DB
Hi DB,
Can you please tell what you mean by "directory" and what do the abbreviations "mine opr." mean?
Phil ???
Links to: King Beli Mawr "The Great" of the Druids of the Celtic Britons born circa 110 BC, King Henry VII, William Cartwright (poet),
Pilgrim Fathers, The Gunpowder Plot, Sir Thomas Lawrence (portrait painter), Matthew Holbeche Bloxam, John Cadbury (chocolatier),
 Sir Barnes Wallis

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 26 February 15 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Looks as if they did live in New mexico for a time, to coincidental for it not to be Harriet.

Noticed a UK return Passenger List for Harriet Robinson born 1866 and aged 60 years. Travelling New York to Liverpool 10 May 1926 on the Baltic. Going to 5 Grove Hill Road. Birmingham.

New York Passenger List - Harriet Robertson - 1866 and aged 60 years. Widowed. Liverpool to New York 11 October 1926 - Baltic. 150 Madison Street Oakland California - crossed thru - did not join ship.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 26 February 15 23:01 GMT (UK) »
DB was looking through City Directories 1910 Joplin Missouri for you.  Mine Opr - is a Mining Operator.
Also gives that occupation for Jno H Robertson on the 1910 census.
Not all abbreviations are included but here is a link to a list of some -

http://www.genealogyintime.com/dictionary/city-directory-abbreviations.html
http://www.genealogyintime.com/dictionary/list-of-occupation-abbreviations-page-a.html

Sandra

Offline Philnut

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 26 February 15 23:16 GMT (UK) »
My internet is about switch off and it's past my bedtime. I would just like to thank you all for painting a picture of Harriet's time in the US. It's amazing what can be found out in a short time. I'm signing off for now and I'll pick this up tomorrow to see if you kind people have added any more information.
Thanks again
Phil
 Sir Barnes Wallis

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 27 February 15 00:37 GMT (UK) »
Sorry-got dragged away to dinner.

I think this might her death:
California Death Index
Hariet Robertson
Died   5 Apr 1934
Age at Death:   68
Alameda, California, USA

Maureen

Offline Philnut

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 27 February 15 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Looks as if they did live in New mexico for a time, to coincidental for it not to be Harriet.
Sandra
Hi Sandra,
Could you please expand on Harriet living in New Mexico? Have you any dates, where did this information come from? Thanks
Phil
 Sir Barnes Wallis