Author Topic: Search for Harriet Dudley  (Read 9631 times)

Offline Philnut

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Search for Harriet Dudley
« Reply #27 on: Friday 27 February 15 10:22 GMT (UK) »
There is a Harriet Dudley (age 40) from Birmingham, travelling to the US on 20th May 1906. She is single; gives her occupation as 'Mothers Help' and gives J Robertson living in Joplin (I think Missouri???) as the contact and address... I can't work out what the relationship is - possibly cousin?...
Lisa
Hi Lisa,
Why do you think J Robertson could be a cousin? Is this from the manifest and it's hard to read? Would it be possible for you attach it please? Thanks
Phil
Looking for:  Bird, Webb, Prosser, Dudley, Page
Links to: King Beli Mawr "The Great" of the Druids of the Celtic Britons born circa 110 BC, King Henry VII, William Cartwright (poet),
Pilgrim Fathers, The Gunpowder Plot, Sir Thomas Lawrence (portrait painter), Matthew Holbeche Bloxam, John Cadbury (chocolatier),
 Sir Barnes Wallis

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 27 February 15 10:26 GMT (UK) »
As you know from the passenger information (reply 10) in 1919 - Edith was visiting  "Mrs Robinson" in Lincoln City New Mexico. Cannot expand.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Philnut

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 27 February 15 10:29 GMT (UK) »
As you know from the passenger information (reply 10) in 1919 - Edith was visiting  "Mrs Robinson" in Lincoln City New Mexico. Cannot expand.

Sandra

Oh, I thought you had found additional information, sorry my mistake.
Phil
Links to: King Beli Mawr "The Great" of the Druids of the Celtic Britons born circa 110 BC, King Henry VII, William Cartwright (poet),
Pilgrim Fathers, The Gunpowder Plot, Sir Thomas Lawrence (portrait painter), Matthew Holbeche Bloxam, John Cadbury (chocolatier),
 Sir Barnes Wallis

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 27 February 15 10:32 GMT (UK) »
There is a Harriet Dudley (age 40) from Birmingham, travelling to the US on 20th May 1906. She is single; gives her occupation as 'Mothers Help' and gives J Robertson living in Joplin (I think Missouri???) as the contact and address... I can't work out what the relationship is - possibly cousin?...
Lisa
Hi Lisa,
Why do you think J Robertson could be a cousin? Is this from the manifest and it's hard to read? Would it be possible for you attach it please? Thanks
Phil

New York Passenger Lists are free to view on the ellisisland.org so you will be able to view it yourself.

http://libertyellisfoundation.org/passenger

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 27 February 15 11:04 GMT (UK) »
There are 2 City Directory entries for John H Robertson

Joplin, Missouri, City Directory, 1913 - John H Robertson - 214 1/2 W 4th -  r 319 W 3d - mine supt.

Joplin, Missouri, City Directory, 1914 - John H Robertson -  214 1/2 w 9 - r 319 W 3d - mine opr.

Wonder if John was in New Mexico in connection with mining  ???

Sandra

Offline Philnut

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 27 February 15 12:37 GMT (UK) »
New York Passenger Lists are free to view on the ellisisland.org so you will be able to view it yourself.

http://libertyellisfoundation.org/passenger

Hi Sandra,
I've click on the link and filled in the details for Harriet but I couldn't find the entry. any help would be appreciated.
Phil
 Sir Barnes Wallis

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 27 February 15 12:48 GMT (UK) »
You have to register for the site (its free)

Once you input Harriet Dudley its the first one that comes up - then go to the symbol ships manifest.

Sandra

Offline Philnut

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 27 February 15 13:06 GMT (UK) »
You have to register for the site (its free)

Once you input Harriet Dudley its the first one that comes up - then go to the symbol ships manifest.

The only one I can see is for the 30th May 1906 and this Harriet is only 10 years old but I can't see the manifest, it asks for $29.99 dollars. I must be doing something wrong.
Phil
 Sir Barnes Wallis

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 27 February 15 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Scroll to the bottom of the page on the Ellis Island site, and you should be able to click on the image of the passenger list.