Author Topic: Search for Harriet Dudley  (Read 9630 times)

Offline Philnut

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Search for Harriet Dudley
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 February 15 21:37 GMT (UK) »
What can you tell us about Edith Webb ?  When was she born ? Was that her married name ? When did Edith Immigrate ?
You have already researched Edith in a previous thread....
Edith Webb married Harold Plummer.....

1930: Harold aged 40 years (married at 36 years) and Edith 36 years (Married at 32 years) Harold was an engineer for a tractor company.

1943: US Naturalization shows Edith Laura Plummer, Born about 1894 and aged 49 years.  Naturalized 14 August 1943 California. Resided 7104 La Jolla Blvd. San Diego, California at that date. Petition 10237

1962: Harold Plummer Born 29 Aug 1889 England Died: 21 May 1962 San Diego

Business directories;
1943 entry Plummer Harold (Edith L)   draughtsman      CA Corp   7104 La Jolla Bld.
1945 entry Plummer Harold (Edith L)   draughtsman            7104 La Jolla Blvd.
1948/49 entry Plummer Harold (Edith L)   mechanical engineer   Ryan      7104 La Jolla Blvd.
1951/52 entry Plummer Harold (Edith L)   design engineer      Rohr Aircraft   7104 La Jolla Blvd.
Looking for:  Bird, Webb, Prosser, Dudley, Page
Links to: King Beli Mawr "The Great" of the Druids of the Celtic Britons born circa 110 BC, King Henry VII, William Cartwright (poet),
Pilgrim Fathers, The Gunpowder Plot, Sir Thomas Lawrence (portrait painter), Matthew Holbeche Bloxam, John Cadbury (chocolatier),
 Sir Barnes Wallis

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 February 15 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Always saves time if you can list the other threads where we have found information -  ;)

New York Passenger List shows Edith Laura Webb born 1893 Birmingham Warwickshire and aged 26 years - Jeweller -Liverpool to New York on the Baltic arriving 19 December 1919.
Father H J Webb, 26 Perrott Street Winson Green. Going to New Mexico. Aunt Mrs Robinson, Negals Lincoln City New Mexico
Naturalization marks for Oakland California on the manifest - cannot read the date.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 February 15 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I was just beginning to unravel all that again. Marriage of Edith & Harry was at St Peters Church but Harriet was not a witness.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=523831.0

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Leeeeeese

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 February 15 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

There is a Harriet Dudley (age 40) from Birmingham, travelling to the US on 20th May 1906. She is single; gives her occupation as 'Mothers Help' and gives J Robertson living in Joplin (I think Missouri???) as the contact and address... I can't work out what the relationship is - possibly cousin?...

Could this be her?

Lisa
Turner - Manchester (esp Emily born circa 1853/1855)
Jones - Hulme/Manchester (esp Henry born circa 1847)
Cottrells - Ness/Neston (esp Margaret born circa 1874/1875)
Ellis - Neston and other Cheshire
Butlers - Stockport
Clarke - Whittington, Staffordshire UK and USA

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 February 15 21:47 GMT (UK) »
I think that must be her.

She's on the 1910 in Joplin as Harriett Robertson with Jno H Robertson and I think in 1930 she's Harriet Robertson in Alameda (Haight Ave).

Maureen

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 February 15 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Well done guys.

Sandra  ;)

Offline Philnut

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 February 15 21:58 GMT (UK) »
I think that must be her.
She's on the 1910 in Joplin as Harriett Robertson with Jno H Robertson and I think in 1930 she's Harriet Robertson in Alameda (Haight Ave).
Maureen
Hi Lisa and Maureen,
I think you have found her, does this mean she married Robertson? When you say "she's on the 1910" I assume you mean the 1910 USA census?
Edith gave as her point of contact a Mrs Robinson when she travelled to America in 1919.
Phil
Looking for:  Bird, Webb, Prosser, Dudley, Page
Links to: King Beli Mawr "The Great" of the Druids of the Celtic Britons born circa 110 BC, King Henry VII, William Cartwright (poet),
Pilgrim Fathers, The Gunpowder Plot, Sir Thomas Lawrence (portrait painter), Matthew Holbeche Bloxam, John Cadbury (chocolatier),
 Sir Barnes Wallis

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 26 February 15 22:01 GMT (UK) »

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 February 15 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

She is listed in the 1910 Joplin, Missouri directory as Dudley, Harriet r 106 n Pearl, which
is the same address as the 1910 USA census as Mrs. Robertson.

Cheers,
DB