Author Topic: Brothers Surname?  (Read 2617 times)

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brothers Surname?
« Reply #18 on: Friday 06 March 15 07:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi dobfarm and shanreagh
and Thank you for your time

Anns husband was William Cooper of West Bromwich my 4x great grandparents Their daughter Sarah Cooper is my 3x great grandmother
That Sarahs parents were William and Ann Cooper I am certain, and that this is definatley the Will of Sarahs mother.

I have found a marriage for William Cooper and Ann Hand in Cannock Stafford 31st December 1759 their children then born in Cannock and later West Bromwich do fit with Sarahs siblings.
I just find it a bit strange that they had 11 children but in my research i haven't come across any other mention of the surname Hand with any of the coopers, no mention of them in wills or later in census so really i was just wandering if maybe someone else would read it differently.

Have you  tracked of Ann's siblings? She was close obviously to the one in the will so were any of his children named for her? If The Hands came from Cannock and then William/Ann moved to Bromwich then as they did not stay in the locality you may not have got all that mixing and marrying that happens in stable localities where sisters marry the cousins/brothers of their  brother in law etc etc.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Brothers Surname?
« Reply #19 on: Friday 21 June 19 12:20 BST (UK) »
I'm wondering if that surname is Isart.

An old thread but agree with Isart...

I've just been doing some research on a family same name later Ysart, pronounced Eesart.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"