Author Topic: MILES, Reginald Thomas  (Read 9594 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: MILES, Reginald Thomas
« Reply #27 on: Friday 11 September 15 07:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sue,

but I am still confuddled ....

on her other thread (the one about Thomas MILES who died Victoria 1879,) there's a William MILES giving evidence at the Inquest into Thomas' sudden death.  That William is noted as a son of the deceased in one of the newspaper cuttings.

I suspect the only way for our OP to learn IF that William is a son and also to learn if he is a brother OR a half brother to Reginald Thomas MILES ( the OPs person of interest in this thread) .... is to obtain the 1879 death cert for Thomas. 

To my way of thinking .... Well ....
Otherwise the OP is only able to speculate and make 'probable' or 'likely' or 'possible' suggestions as comments on their own research.  And thus NOT able to go back further on Thomas MILES tree with their own confident research findings.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline 4LauraM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 11 September 15 17:37 BST (UK) »
***UPDATE***
Mystery solved ~
MILES, William McDonald b. 12 Apr 1862
- son of Maria McDonald, 2nd wife of Capt. Thomas Miles.

I have sent the info re: 03 June 1879 Inquest - to my cousin in Australia as he has done the bulk of the research of Capt. Thomas Miles.

Thank you, everyone, for your research & insight.
MILES Christchurch, NZ / CLARKE Manchester, UK

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 12 September 15 02:41 BST (UK) »
***UPDATE***
Mystery solved ~
MILES, William McDonald b. 12 Apr 1862
- son of Maria McDonald, 2nd wife of Capt. Thomas Miles.

I have sent the info re: 03 June 1879 Inquest - to my cousin in Australia as he has done the bulk of the research of Capt. Thomas Miles.

Thank you, everyone, for your research & insight.

Can you confirm where the 1862 birth was registered please.   Do you actually have a copy of the civil registration of the birth?    I can see the INDEX entry for a William Mcdonald MILES in the second quarter of 1862 in England.   Vol 1c pg 613.   From that registration, what information is given for his father .....

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

May I encourage you to encourage your relative in Australia to join RootsChat, or at least provide your relative with links to these threads. 

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.