Author Topic: Morris and Hester Walter  (Read 17978 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Morris and Hester Walter
« Reply #45 on: Friday 06 March 15 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Canadian Passenger List - Oilve Esther Walter - Southampton to Quebec arriving 29 September 1929 - Had been in Canada 1928-1929 - Actress - Father Mr Stanley Walter 10 Biddulph Mansions Maida Vale London.

UK Return Passenger List - New York to Liverpool arriving 15 April 1930 on the Antonia. Going to 10 Biddulph Mansions. Elgin Ave. London.

British Phone Books shows Olive Walter at 11 Buddulph Mansions - 1934/36/37/38

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 06 March 15 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Olive Walter was born on September 1, 1898 in London, England. She is an actress, known for The Deacon and the Jewess (1939), The Blue Bird (1910) and Yellow Sands (1948).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910105/bio

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01evo/ 

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Harry Harris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 11 May 19 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hannah Frances Walter born 1869 died June 1958 - aged 89 years - Maidenhead Berkshire - Vol 6a Page 12.

Hannah Frances Walter  108 Regents Park Road St Pancras London NW1 - spinster - died 31 March 1958 at Ray park Nursing Home, Ray Park Avenue Maidenhead - probate London 2 June to Morris Edward Allan -Coal Coke and Fuel Oil Contractor. Effects £1835  17 s 6d.

Sandra

Cogs still whirling  ;D  Puzzled over this guy but I think this Morris Edward Allan (born 1902) was Morris Edward Abrahams and changed his name - son of Daniel Reginald Abrahams and Violet Julie Walter  ???

Sandra

Hi Sandra
Morris Edward Abraham born 24 May 1901 and died 13 Jan 1985 changed his name to Allan and was the son of Daniel Reginald Abrahams (1871-1941) married 1897 Violet Julia Walter (1879-1930).
All his three marriages were indexed as Allan and as Abrahams
1. Joan Wasserberg born 5 Apr 1906 and died 16 Sep 1979 also indexed as Jane Waters who he married in 1926 and divorced
2. Aileen Edith Delgado born 15 Jun 1903 and died 1 Apr 1977 who he married in 1945
3. Angela Kathleen Stevens born 22 Jun 1922 and died 22 Jan 1982 who he married 1979
Morris and Joan had a son James Nicholas Allan who was a British Ambassador
Joan married (2) Stephen Crane Goulden Bach son of Maximilian Jacob Bach and Ada Sophia Goulden (sister of Emmeline Pankhurst nee Goulden the suffragette) and had a son William Stephen Goulden Bach, the Labour peer, Lord Bach of Lutterworth.
That said yet to peruse link to Hannah Frances Walter but almost certain she was Morris Edward’s maiden maternal aunt.
Hope this helps, Harry Harris

Offline queencorgi1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 11 May 19 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Harry, interested to see the Walter family story is still generating contributions!

They do sound fascinating, I only wish I could find more about the particular individuals I am concerned with -- Elizabeth 'Betty' Walter and her husband Trevor Davidson Southgate. Betty's niece Hermione Gingold's autobiography mentions her affectionately as wonderfully warm and hospitable.
Condick; Bull (Herefordshire only); Layard; Wilmot; Southgate; Fowlie (Singapore branch); Usher (Dundrum); Kelley (Lancashire);

Offline Harry Harris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 11 May 19 17:24 BST (UK) »
Hi q...c...1
I think your line of research may be distant from mine.
I have/am extensively researching the descendants of Henry Harris (c.1760-1817)and Leah (c.1760-1800) “From Rags to Riches or Something in Between” and their children:-
Clara Harris (1814-1895) who married Nathan Abrahams in 1841 and had many well connected descendants
Leah Harris (1816-1853) who married Isaac Isaacs in 1837 and mother of Barney Barnato, the King of Diamonds and grandmother of Solly Joel, the Ace of Diamonds whose granddaughter was a former girlfriend of Prince Harry some ten years ago
Sarah Harris (c.1822-1884) who married David Symons
Henry Harris (1824-1883) who married Hannah Joseph
Woolf Harris (1827-1905) who married Phoebe Romaine in 1848 and father of Colonel Sir David Harris
Rose Harris who married Godfrey Phineas Philips in 1850
    So if anyone is researching this family please contact me.
Rgds Harry Harris

Offline queencorgi1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 11 May 19 20:01 BST (UK) »
Good luck with your research!
Condick; Bull (Herefordshire only); Layard; Wilmot; Southgate; Fowlie (Singapore branch); Usher (Dundrum); Kelley (Lancashire);