Author Topic: ASHBY  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Mella

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
ASHBY
« on: Tuesday 05 July 05 23:38 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information on Ashby's,from Kings Lynn,Norfolk.They were from Terrington,Swaffham.Charles Ashby,James,Charles was born in 1797.He had 3 sons,Charles,George,John.John was born in 1846,he was my gggrandfather.He was in Burton upon Trent,as a lodger.Between 1871 and 1873 he met and married a Harriett.Do not know any of her,except she was very little,and when they came to the United States in 1873,she died months after they got to McKinney ,Texas of tuberculosis.She does not have a marker on her grave and cannot find it.I think there was a brother of the older Charles maybe a  Robert.I have been looking 20 years and still cannot find out a lot of them.

Offline Sheldon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: ASHBY
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 02:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Mella,
I know these dates dont match exactly with yours but heres what I found on Freebmd for Marriages.

John Ashby  Dec. 1869 at Chelsea
Harriet Susanna Potter.

John Charles Ashby  Sept. 1874 at Nottingham
Harriet Stevenson.

Hope it helps.

Sheldon.
McGoverne,  Bacon (Suffolk) Jeffries (Suffolk) Beaumont (Yorkshire) Gomersall (Yorkshire)

Offline Sheldon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 11:41 BST (UK) »
Also, found on Genuki.
Norfolk Newspapers.
Norfolk Chronicle.
Extracts from January 9th 1813,
At a meeting of the Loddon Association.
Members: (among others)
Ashby. Mr Robert George.
Might be a match with your people, as the names Robert and George are family names.

Sheldon.
McGoverne,  Bacon (Suffolk) Jeffries (Suffolk) Beaumont (Yorkshire) Gomersall (Yorkshire)

Offline Mella

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 July 05 16:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you so very much,I will see what I can find on her now.I appreciate it .Mella