Author Topic: John KENNEDY and Margaret Stewart Perthshire around 1800  (Read 9330 times)

Offline Kenbro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John KENNEDY and Margaret Stewart Perthshire around 1800
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 March 15 20:09 GMT (UK) »
 ???
Thanks everyone for a) being polite and helpful
                                            OR
                              b) being rude and pedantic

Pick which suits you best.

I have received some excellent pointers here, for which I am truly grateful. But there is absolutely no need to be condescending when someone is simply unsure and need assistance.
Anne

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 March 15 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Anne

I can only assume it is me you are referring to as being 'rude and pedantic' since I was the last to post!

Since you voiced some doubts I actually spent money on buying credits for SP in an effort to help you and make sure you were on the right path.  Via census and viewed certificates this showed that John Kennedy and Margaret Stewart are not actually 'yours' at all - I duly picked all the relevant details to explain this to you.

If this then came over as 'rude and pedantic' I can only apologise because it was not intended.   I simply wanted to give you the correct facts thus giving the assistance you say you need.

Having gone out of my way to assist you I now feel I wish I hadn't bothered!

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Throth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 March 15 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Apologies that we led you off in the wrong direction. We didn't feel as generous as Annette7 in spending credits to track back and confirm the verity of the Moulin 1855 data.

At least you seem to be on the correct ancestral path now, and won't be wasting time following a false trail.

Sorry that we can't help you any further as Badenoch is outside of our area of interest. 

Throth

Arthurk - Are you talking about the Hugh Kennedy in the Strathtummel census returns?  Send a PM so we don't clutter up the forum

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 March 15 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Arthurk - Are you talking about the Hugh Kennedy in the Strathtummel census returns?  Send a PM so we don't clutter up the forum

PM sent - and I seem to have been confused about what I had and hadn't seen on Throth's site. I now think what I actually saw was the marriage on 24 Mar 1842 of Hugh Kennedy and Margaret Campbell, listed in both Dull and Blair Atholl.

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ikennedy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 03 May 15 20:53 BST (UK) »
I have this Kennedy family in my study database (which has about 130,000 Kennedys and spouses in it) and have two marriages for Duncan from Kingussie. Its easier for me though if you don't mind to use the contact form on my website as I can manage all my queries and responses better then :-)

http://www.kennedydna.com/contact.html

My line is also from highland Perthshire and Kingussie is a major place of interest to the project too having the highest concentration of Kennedys outside Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Offline mccubbin

• RootsChat Member
  • Richard Low
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 22 June 18 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone,
My Kennedy's come from Comrie, my 1st ones are John Kennedy and his wife Janet McLaren they married 1792 Comrie.
I am looking for this family they have disappeared.
Charles Kennedy b.1869 Dunkeld,Perthshire he married Agnes Waddell they married 1898, Moulin
                                          their children
Mary Isabella Kennedy b. 26 Aug 1899 Moulin
Agnes Kennedy b.01 March 1902 Moulin
Charles Robert Kennedy b.23 May 1903 Moulin
Daniel Kennedy b.18 April 1905 Moulin.
I have looked from them on the 1911 census no joy and deaths certificates.
so I hope someone can help me !!!
thank you any help I get.
mccubbin x
McCubbin-Wigtownshire
Gilmour-Glasserton,Stirling,Edinburgh
Thomson- Midlothian
Low-Aberdeen
Wilson-Aberdeenshire
Souness-East Lothian
Bathgate-Edinburgh
Kennedy-Stirling
Stewart's-Perthshire

Offline Liviani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 17 November 18 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone.

I have Kennedys from Perthshire. Here are the details I have (sorry, I don't have much);

I have a John Kennedy born c.1771 - Monzie, Perthshire.
He died 1856, Brawliemuir, Glenbervie, Kincardineshire. His DC confirms his parents to be; Robert Kennedy and Janet McGregor. I don't have any more details on Robert or Janet, but I will presume they are from the Perthshire area. It's too far back to confirm anything.

If anyone has any info at all by chance I'd be grateful for any.

John Kennedy married a Margaret Davidson and in all the census they lived at Brawliemuir, Kincardineshire. It was the censuses that confirmed he was born in Monzie, Perthshire.

In one of them he was living with his sister Fanny Kennedy born c.1780 died 1866.

Many thanks

Liviani

EDIT: I believe John and Fanny's place of baptism and/or birth was actually Moneydie, Perthshire. As IGI shows the following record; https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X1KQ-JG7
Parents names and date matches.
There is also one for John; https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X1K7-FVC
mtDNA subclade K1b2b. Father's Y-DNA I-S25383
GEDmatch kit; CF7867455
Father's kit; RY1336515
Mother's kit; AF2312865

Kincardineshire
Sheret, Hosie, Valentine, Crow, Beattie, McArthur, Wyllie.
Angus (Forfarshire)
Adam, Valentine, Ewan, Elder, Guild, Kydd, Bradford, Stronner, Gibson, Cloudsley, Evans, Stewart, Stott.
Perthshire
Small, Robertson, Murray, Kennedy, McGregor
Ross & Cromarty
Cameron, Stewart, Grant
Banffshire - Gamrie
Anderson, Massie