Author Topic: Naomi Hames baptism c1827 Kinsham  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Naomi Hames baptism c1827 Kinsham
« on: Thursday 12 March 15 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Please if someone has any time to spare could they look up Naomi Hames b c1827 Kinsham

I have no idea who her parents were - she is listed as a lodger in the 1841 census and as a servant in the 1851 census before marrying Francis Cole 4/4 1852 Prestigne Herefordshire (down as Hamar) and then John Pearce 1/4 1867 Prestigne Herefordshire 11b 221

She died 1913 (although I cant find her on the 1911 census)

Thanx

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Naomi Hames baptism c1827 Kinsham
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 March 15 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I searched by Hames and Kinsham, Herefordshire, England
In the 1841 census pops up a list with Naomi as you say.
Then there is a Richard b 1791 and Anne b 1792.
William b 1821
Marthew b 1824
Naomi 1826
Levina 1831
Sarah 1831
Thomas 1832
Richard b 1836
Ann b 1841
the parents and Levina Richard and Ann were together in Wigmore.
I hope this has helped.
Maggsie

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 March 15 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Well spotted Maggsie it might be she was enumerated twice on the 1841 I will look at that further

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 March 15 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Hang on,
sorry
When you get a list like that for 1841 it lists by year of birth, you have to work out by the resident address who lived where. I cant copy and paste it in but if you are a member of ancestry you will see it.
At that time Naomi was in Lingen and William was in Pembridge.
ok, didn't want to miss lead you.
M

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 March 15 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Ok I will check that thanks

Willow x

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 13 March 15 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Could she be the Naomi Palmer christened in 1825 in upper kinsham mother Mary Palmer no father,
Did mary later marry a Hames

Mike

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 13 March 15 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Could she be the Naomi Palmer christened in 1825 in upper kinsham mother Mary Palmer no father,
Did mary later marry a Hames

Mike

Could be Mike - I cant see a marriage but maybe Naomi used her fathers name

Willow x

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 15 June 15 10:24 BST (UK) »
I sent for Naomi and Francis Coles marriage certificate and her father is listed as Richard Hamer (Hames) farmer

I will do a bit more research on the Richard and Anne that Maggsie found

Willow x

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 17 June 15 13:27 BST (UK) »
Just notice that one of the witnesses is Lavinia at the wedding so it looks like its the right track

Willow x