Author Topic: Nova Scotia Immigrants to 1867 Volume 2  (Read 1773 times)

Offline wildbee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nova Scotia Immigrants to 1867 Volume 2
« on: Friday 13 March 15 19:50 GMT (UK) »
I was looking to see if any of the Hopkins family that settled in Barrington, Nova Scotia had been given land grants by the Throne of England. Today I found a book on line that listed those given Grants. The post I found looks like this...
Hopkins, Elisha. Barrington grantee
(56:111)
What do the numbers mean in that post.
wildbee
Modify message

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Nova Scotia Immigrants to 1867 Volume 2
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 March 15 05:50 GMT (UK) »
The book is online at Ancestry and near the front of it there is a key that indicates the first number indicates the source and the second number is the page number. The source identified as being no. 56 is The diary of Simeon Perkins, 1780-1789. Here is a link to an online edition that was published in 1958 which has page numbers that match up with the pages listed in Nova Scotia Immigrants book: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ez4/

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline wildbee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nova Scotia Immigrants to 1867 Volume 2
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 March 15 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Oh... Yea! I thought those no#s may have had something to do with grants but obviously not. Thank you for solving this mystery. The diary entries also provide a glimpse of how difficult life was for our forefathers. This is the first I have heard of those in this family line being victimize by privateers...
Thanks for your help,
wildbee