Author Topic: WILLIAMS, Richard Llewelyn b. abt. 1905 ANGLESEY  (Read 3454 times)

Offline GreatBlueHeron

• RootsChat Extra
  • Never give up the search!
    • View Profile
WILLIAMS, Richard Llewelyn b. abt. 1905 ANGLESEY
« on: Wednesday 18 March 15 04:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am researching the above noted for a friend. WILLIAMS, Richard Llewelyn and brother Frank came to Canada but lost each other when they disembarked in Montreal.  Never to see each other again.  They had two other siblings Jane and Owen.  Apparently Jane went to New Zealand.

I am hoping someone may have info on this family.  I can't seem to find much at all. I'd like to find out whom the parents were. My friend tells me that Richard came from Anglesey.

Would be grateful for any little tid bit!
J.
CARSON-Antrim & Down, FENNELL-Wexford, HERON-Donegal, MCCULLOUGH-Monaghan, WHITE-Antrim, WILLIAMS-Anglesey

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAMS, Richard Llewelyn b. abt. 1905 ANGLESEY
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 05:02 GMT (UK) »
What year do you think Richard Llewlyn Williams went to Canada?

I can see a  Richard Llewlyn Williams born in  Llanddausant, Anglesea 1907 in the Holyhead registration district in the 1911 census for Wales. I can't tell you anymore about the 1911 census, we are not allowed to do lookups for 1911.
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline GreatBlueHeron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Whiteout7,

Richard came sometime before 1937. I found a passenger list for 1926 but not sure it is the Richard. There is another with him on that ship which could be a possible brother, but the name doesn't match what my friend said was the brother (suppose to be a Frank, the person is John Lewis).

Why are you not allowed to search the 1911 census? I found the 1911 census on public domain. Though again not sure it is the right family I found. It says Richard b. abt. 1904 Llangwyllog.

I found a birth for a Francis Idris but nothing further on this person.

Thank you for your help.

Gratefully,
J.

CARSON-Antrim & Down, FENNELL-Wexford, HERON-Donegal, MCCULLOUGH-Monaghan, WHITE-Antrim, WILLIAMS-Anglesey

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

If the Richard born in Llangwyllog is your man, his parents and sister are buried at Saint Cwyllog Church, Llangwyllog, Anglesey.

Edward Williams died 26 Feb 1915 aged 68
Ellen Williams (wife) died 15 August 1911 aged 43
and their daughter Ellen Williams 17 July 1921 aged 21

They are buried in plot C 43.

Edward and Ellen's address was Bryn Hyfryd, Llangwyllog and when she died the daughter Ellen's  address was Brynllwyd, Llanfair ME, Anglesey.

These details are from Gwynedd Family History Society's Memorial Inscription Booklet reference
M333.

Alan

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Re. the 1911 Census and the "Richard, born Llangwyllog, c.1904", did you check the columns "Children born alive/still living" against children listed?

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 March 15 07:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Having now looked at earlier censuses for Richard's parents (Edward and Ellen) it would appear that this "Llangwyllog" Richard is not your man. Edward was from a large family (Parents Richard and Ellen) and there is no sign of an Owen or Jane in any family history.

Edward's own parents (Richard and Ellen) lived at Bryn Llwyd, Llanfair ME where Richards sister died in 1921.

Alan

Offline GreatBlueHeron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 March 15 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for looking Alan and Hanes.  I shall try and get some more info from my friend.

Best,
J.