Author Topic: George DEATH of MILDEN  (Read 4432 times)

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George DEATH of MILDEN
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 12 April 15 22:12 BST (UK) »
Well, that's even more helpful, Annes, and thank you very much for spending all that time on my behalf. Maybe I need to get hold of BTs to see if they fill in any gaps in the extant PRs.
Best regards
francoso

Offline tickle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 May 20 14:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Francoso

I know it's a long time ago, but did you get any further with this line off descent? I'm a descendant of Rebecca Death daughter of Richard Death and Sarah Simpson, so I would be interested to know if you've made any further progress before I embark on a trip to Bury St Edmunds as soon as I can!

I hope you and yours are surviving unscathed.

Tickle
Alder - Berks
Benning/Bening - Middx, & Cambs
Brook - Suffolk/Cambs
Burton - Herts
Petley - Suffolk
Death - Suffolk
Ellington - Suffolk/Cambs
Elsworth - New York
Fayers/Faiers/Faires - Suffolk
Grasemann - Germany & London
Howels - Hants
Mitchell - Sussex, Surrey
Oldham - Lancs
Priest - Hants
Raines - Co Cork, Ireland
Rysdyck/Rysdyke - Netherlands, & New York
Ryder - Cheshire/Lancs
Sanders - Hants
Urmson - Cheshire
Willis - Suffolk
Woodham - Cambs, Beds, Essex

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi tickle, apologies for delay in replying. The short answer is 'No'. Just haven't been able to progress, and am still pursuing several threads which perhaps you could try to follow when you are finally allowed to visit Bury St Edmunds.
1) haven't yet found the birth/christening of Rebecca Nicol. Maybe B St E ? Perhaps this has something to do with George Death b. 1620 and c. Lavenham and m. B St E ? Also there is a Bridget Death b. 1619 in Brent Eleigh, daughter of John Death -- haven't fitted her in as yet.
2) haven't found Rebecca's second marriage, to John Cadman. They both lived in Brent Eleigh and George Death died 1663/4 so her m. to John Cadman would be after that.
3) I still haven't found the marriage date of Robert Death, b. 1539, son of Thomas Death and Alice Farmer. The first of their children I have recorded is Thomas c. 1567 ? (if my memory is correct) at Stanningfield. So Robert Death's marriage could be Lawshall, Stanningfield, Lavenham, Bradfield Combust for example.
So I can only suggest that if you have the time, look for the name Death from say 1528 onwards in surrounding villages, though I believe some records of certain villages are sparse, such as those of Preston and Brettenham.

look luck with your searching, tickle. At least you will get to see the source material, which is more than I can do being on the other side of the globe.
Best
francoso

Offline tickle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 04 June 20 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Francoso

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll certainly add those to the list! I reckon I've got 2 whole days worth there already. I've been looking at Death trees on Ancestry in detail this last few days - what a load of rubbish a lot of them are. I have been correcting one line of descent from Richard Death b 1654 and Sarah Simpson. I got a copy of his will (1728) which proved that his daughter Ann married William Kidby not Benjamin Willis as everybody who copied everyone else has on their tree, so I sent over 150 emails to all those who have the wrong info asking them to correct it. I've heard from a few positively, but I'm not holding my breath on the others! I have 2 Death lines, both 6x great grandmothers.

I'm only 160 miles from BStE so a lot closer than you.

Have you done your DNA?

Keep in touch.
Alder - Berks
Benning/Bening - Middx, & Cambs
Brook - Suffolk/Cambs
Burton - Herts
Petley - Suffolk
Death - Suffolk
Ellington - Suffolk/Cambs
Elsworth - New York
Fayers/Faiers/Faires - Suffolk
Grasemann - Germany & London
Howels - Hants
Mitchell - Sussex, Surrey
Oldham - Lancs
Priest - Hants
Raines - Co Cork, Ireland
Rysdyck/Rysdyke - Netherlands, & New York
Ryder - Cheshire/Lancs
Sanders - Hants
Urmson - Cheshire
Willis - Suffolk
Woodham - Cambs, Beds, Essex

Offline francoso

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 04 June 20 22:32 BST (UK) »
Cheers, tickle. Hope you have some good finds at BStE. Yes, their are a lot of sheople out there who are too lazy to do their own research and just copy from others -- mistakes and all. And as you have shown, they just waste peoples' time correcting their errors.
best
francoso