Author Topic: Francis Christie born circa 1829 Ross Shire  (Read 2167 times)

Offline rosielavendersparkle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Francis Christie born circa 1829 Ross Shire
« on: Tuesday 24 March 15 08:18 GMT (UK) »
Subject: Francis Christie
Parents: Jane (nee Whittle) Christie & Charles Christie son o Elizabeth (nee Grant) and Alexander Christie of Inveravon, Banff.
Christie family were protestant.
Any help appreciated. Thanks, Jan

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Christie born circa 1829 Ross Shire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi , welcome to RootsChat  :)

Is it this Francis Christie ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Gardiner

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Schoch

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat.

Have you seen the trees on Ancestry.  Although they appear a bit confused with names and dates etc. there might be some valid info there.

Richard
Stay in the  Moment

Grainger - Wigton and Newcastle Area
Gibson - Newcastle/Scotland (Roxburgh) Areas
Crisell/Crissell/Chrysel/etc. - Suffolk Area
Schoch - Germany (Íhringen Area)

Offline rosielavendersparkle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi to Ev and Richard,

Thanks for your quick replies. I guess I should have given more information. Yes, it is Frank Gardiner (an alias) and I have looked on Ancestry.com but what I am specifically looking for is the record of his birth or baptism in Ross Shire, this (and indeed his death in San Francisco - which is probably lost forever in the earthquake and fire at the turn of the century). would complete what I am working on. I have the family tree dating back to his parents, although Jane's ancestors are also not yet found.  We know that Jane was heading for Cromarty in Ross Shire (Ross & Cromarty) some time before he was born. Any other help would be most appreciated. Thanks, Jan