Author Topic: One for the tech guys! This old pc has being laying in a corner of the garden !  (Read 7408 times)

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
Re: One for the tech guys! This old pc has being laying in a corner of the garden !
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 March 15 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Ok, you guys - I retrieved the hard drive and after much battering, prising apart and cursing (good job the neighbours were out!) I managed to rip it open.

Photo taken at the scene of the 'crime' (along with 'murder' weapons  :P)  - what do I do now?  ???

Stoney
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online mazi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: One for the tech guys! This old pc has being laying in a corner of the garden !
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 26 March 15 13:33 GMT (UK) »
You seem to have borrowed my hammer and screwdiver ;D ;D, give the round grey bits a whack.

Since it was manufactured in a clean room and any particle greater than 5 microns will cause a head crash I think it is done for already but best to be on the safe side.

Mike

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Guy Etchells

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 26 March 15 18:02 GMT (UK) »
Ok, you guys - I retrieved the hard drive and after much battering, prising apart and cursing (good job the neighbours were out!) I managed to rip it open.

Photo taken at the scene of the 'crime' (along with 'murder' weapons  :P)  - what do I do now?  ???

Stoney

Eat the evidence
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 26 March 15 18:44 GMT (UK) »

Stoney

Eat the evidence

I don't think I fancy 'fried' circuits.........!    ;D

Thank you all, for your help - a few more smashes with a hammer and then I'm done!

Stoney

Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 26 March 15 19:32 GMT (UK) »
If there is still some life

Perhaps consider drowning it next !!!!

NCIS

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 27 March 15 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Bury it under a car park in Leicester. They'll never find it.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 27 March 15 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Bury it under a car park in Leicester. They'll never find it.

....famous last words!   ;D

Stoney

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 28 March 15 12:32 GMT (UK) »
The pathology report has been received from the lab. The victim has been positively identified as Mr Max Tor.
A hard fella, well known for memorising a lot of useful facts - known to the mob as "Data".
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 28 March 15 18:54 GMT (UK) »
The pathology report has been received from the lab. The victim has been positively identified as Mr Max Tor.
A hard fella, well known for memorising a lot of useful facts - known to the mob as "Data".

.....you're having way too much fun with this, Trystan!!   ;D ;D  ::)

Mr Tor is languishing in a bowl of water as we speak....before a one-way trip to the tip  ;)

Stoney