Author Topic: fuller/spendlove  (Read 3537 times)

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
Re: fuller/spendlove
« Reply #9 on: Friday 27 March 15 18:59 GMT (UK) »
With so little to go on, even if we come up with possible matches for Minnie, I don't know how you could prove or disprove them.

Where was Ivy born? Was it at home or in the workhouse or somewhere else? If in the workhouse, it might be worth seeing if the workhouse records are available to try for any more info (I have been looking at details of illegitimate births in the workhouse in my family this very week!)

Do you have Ivy's birth cert? Who was the informant - was it Minnie or someone else?

Is "Eden Villa" identifiable on the 1891 and 1901 censuses to see who was living there?

How do you know that Minnie was a teenager?

Sorry, lots of questions but just trying to think what avenues could be explored.
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 March 15 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Thinking about this, if you have definite proof that Minnie was a teenager when she gave birth, that realistically would put her between the ages of 15 - 19, so with a year of birth 1879 - 1883.

She may not have come from Kent; she could have been working away from home, she could have been sent away (or ran away) to give birth.

There is a Fuller family in Edenbridge in the relevant time period but they don't have a daughter Minnie with them (and in fact there are no Minnie Fullers on freeBMD born in that part of Kent in the relevant timeframe).

There is a birth for a Millicent Fuller in the Sevenoaks district (which inc Edenbridge) in 1883 - I don't know what became of her, I can't see her after that.
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline pharlag

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 March 15 21:45 GMT (UK) »
The informant on Ivy's birth certificate is H.E. Mitchell who was present at the birth.  In 1901 there was a Robert Mitchell and his family living at 5 Eden Villa, Edenbridge which I think might be the same family but the domestic cook is another person who is listed in the census. I have always looked for a big house called Eden Villa but found out that it is a row of houses that go from No. 1 to No. 8 and if this is the right place then Ivy was born at no. 5   The only thing I know about Minnie is she worked as a servant in a big house and the son of the owner of the house was supposed to have got her pregnant.  I do not know where this house was but have always presumed it was in Edenbridge because that was where Ivy was born.  One of Ivy's middle names is Pope which is also supposed to be the surname of her father.  Ivy was given to a lady when she was born who also had a disabled child and she gave Ivy away to her adoptive parents.  She was supposed to have been advertised but I dont know if this is true.
It has also been suggested that Minnie might have been sent away to Edenbridge to have her baby but again I do not know i this is true.

Offline eillo

• RootsChat Senior
  • 2x G-Gma Sarah Page Simpso born Chilham Kent 1836
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 02:57 GMT (UK) »
One of Ivy's middle names is Pope which is also supposed to be the surname of her father.  Ivy was given to a lady when she was born who also had a disabled child and she gave Ivy away to her adoptive parents.  She was supposed to have been advertised but I dont know if this is true.

The Mene Fuller who married Charles Pope was my great grandfather Charles Fuller's sister. If you  find out that she is the mother of your Ivy you can always contact me for more info on the family going back several generations.
Simpson, Fuller, Page, Stead, Caspall, Philpott, Williams, Elvery, Whibley, Fryer/Friar, Sutton, Grant, Allard, Packman, Steadman, Norris, Drury, Boughton, Spratt, Munday, Rabbit, Wildbore